Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your little boy told you that.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

He wanted to be a girl, would you take him seriously or just attribute the statement as a part of his vivid imagination? 

Some children find themselves trapped in the wrong body early on. Would you encourage their transition or discourage it? 

I believe the intuition of a children is the strongest in their youth than it will ever be. By encouraging them to be true to themselves is important. Would you support gender reassignment for your child?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I'd slap the shit out of him. No I'm encouraging that shit either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

:( that's unfortunate. So you'd rather him or her pretend to be something they're not for your sake?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd slap the shit out of him. No I'm encouraging that shit either.

momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Sure. May not be what I expected but I want my son happy. Let him explore, let him feel for what's right. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
4 moms liked this

If he said it one time I'd think he was playing or being silly.  If he kept saying it or I questioned him more and got more answers I'd wonder if that was the case, but I wouldn't do anything about it at a young age.  

casah4
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM

It depends. I know as very young children, some kids want to be different to identify more with their parent or siblings. It's more of a curiosity thing than identifying as that gender. I'm not sure at what age I'd feel comfortable encouraging a gender switch. I guess I'd have to be in that position to know.

MrsCountryMama
by Jackie Mama on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Considering my ds is 13 I would take him seriously and support him.
circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I would let him explore his feelings. If he wanted to try dressing like a girl or being called a girl name or whatever, I would humor him. It could be a phase or it could be something else, but whatever the reasons I would support him.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
My DD told me she wanted to be a cowboy when she grows up. A boy cowboy specifically. I told her ok, sure. She forgot about it and hasn't mentioned it again.

I guess if it were something he talked about in earnest, I wouldn't discourage him. I would let him figure out what he needed from me, and let him know he can approach me anytime.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Yes , my kids can be whatever they wanted. However I don' t think Dh will like it. When I met him he was weird about gay people he didn't hate them but he just felt uncomfortable.
mistie900
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
If he said it once I would probably think it was his way of playing or something (can't think of the correct way of saying it) but if he continued to say it and was very adamant about it I would take him seriously and support him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)