Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kid Jeans???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
  • 51 Replies

I am at a loss as to where to buy jeans for my oldest. 

She is a very odd fit, she is scrawny with long legs.  In the past I found a brand and style that worked for her and we've never deviated. But she as outgrown their slim sizes.  She was wearing a 10 slim at Gymboree, and had a few from Gap and Justice that we got second hand, last year.  But she wore a pair a few days ago and I noticed they are too short, unfortunately Gymbo doesn't carry a 12 slim. 

1- What would a 12 slim translate into for juniors?  Or is she not quite hitting juniors yet?  If I can find good deals I don't mind buying juniors, she just has absolutely no curves.

1- Where do you find good deals on jeans?  She is so rough on her jeans so I hate the idea of spending a ton at Gap or some teen store and having her bust through the knees before winter sets in.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Idk but I want to know I have two skinny kids
mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Idk but I want to know I have two skinny kids

What sizes are they?  I can actually help with recommendations prior to 12slim ;)

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I like Gap for my very skinny/tall middle child.

But I've also found some good things at TJ Maxx.. Brands that I maybe wouldn't know where to find/known about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:43 AM
My 9 yr old son is very tall and skinny. He wears OSh kosh slim w adjustable waist. Maybe try them? I know boys go up to 12 idk about girls and if theirs would fit . They also have short,regulars and longs.
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Have you looked at Children's Place and Old Navy?

SouthernMamaof1
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
The children's place has slim jeans. They also have adjustable waist so that they can be senched in to fit. They are usually less than $10 each. That is where I get my son's. He is also thin.
mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Have you looked at Children's Place and Old Navy?

I haven't really checked anywhere yet, although I think Old Navy is going to be my first shot.  They're the same company as Gap so I am hoping they fit the same.  We have had some Gap slims in the past that fit pretty well.

We live kind of in the middle of nowhere, so I was hoping to get a few recommendations so I know which direction to drive!

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM

How old is she.

when my now 14yo grew out of justice(she is also very skinny and tall) we had no problem at Aero, hollister and Abercrombie. 

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Quoting SouthernMamaof1: The children's place has slim jeans. They also have adjustable waist so that they can be senched in to fit. They are usually less than $10 each. That is where I get my son's. He is also thin.

We have an outlet nearby with both a CP and an Old Navy, I think that's going to be where I try first.  I know Children's Place was the only place I could buy her jeans when she was a toddler since slim sizes didn't start until 4 or 5.

Ugh this living in the middle of nowhere thing is getting old!

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

How old is she.

when my now 14yo grew out of justice(she is also very skinny and tall) we had no problem at Aero, hollister and Abercrombie. 

She will be 11 next week.  She still actually fits in Justice, I just don't like their quality at all so I wanted to avoid them.  The only things I haven't had bad luck with there have been the sweatsuits and their athletic shorts.

Do you know what a 0 translates into in children's sizes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)