Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children And Naked Adults

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM
  • 45 Replies

I'd like to get some opinions on when it is "ok" and not "ok" for a child to see a naked adult. At what age is too old to see an adult naked? What about the sex of the child and the sex of the adult? What about the adult - do they need to be related to the child (ex - step mom/dad, grandma/grandpa, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc). Give me specific scenarios of what you THINK is "ok" and what you think is not "ok"?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM
3 moms liked this
Nudity is completely natural in my opinion. I still don't find it inappropriate for my two boys, 6 and 4 to see me naked. If they see a glimpse of me while I'm changing then oh well...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
We're a naked family, so nudity is not an issue here. We're all comfortable with the way we live. Only in ass backwards America, and Canada, is nudity so taboo.
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM
My kids have never seen dh naked past the age of 1. I stopped nudity at age 2 thats what I am comfortable with.

My old friend still walks around naked in front of her 10 yr old son. I think that's very inappropriate.
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
My son sees me in my bra and undies all the time. Not a big deal. Though it may seem gross to some when we're home alone, we can be in a rush and forget to close the door when we're going to the bathroom. My son sees my hubby in his boxers and sometimes sees him when he pees. My son can be such a little turd, he'll come in and open the curtain when I'm in the shower. I tell him that's mommies time and he understands and runs off. Lol
hollyann85
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM

What about other women that are not related to the boys? Like one of your friends?

Quoting beco8627: Nudity is completely natural in my opinion. I still don't find it inappropriate for my two boys, 6 and 4 to see me naked. If they see a glimpse of me while I'm changing then oh well...

KatUzumaki
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My girls are 6 and 3... They see me naked whenever they come in before I get out of bed or going from the tub to the bedroom. It's no biggie. I cover up before I hug or kiss them though...

My husband always has at least boxers on. They have seen baby boys, so they know that the parts are different... But I personally don't want to encourage comfort with naked men at this young age.

And as for them... They play in the sprinkler naked all the time (we live waaaay out in the country and no one is around to spy on them).

I want them to be comfortable with their bodies.. But I tell them that there are times and places to be naked and times to be a little more modest. Their body is theirs... No one is to touch it naked unless it's mommy or daddy or a doctor to help them clean or stay healthy.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Never is too old if it is a parent.  Nudity is completely acceptable in our home and I have teens down to two yrs old.  I am not walking around naked but we have 9 people and one bathroom it is virtually impossible to have complete privacy especially since none have their own rooms either.

circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Nudity is not a big deal in our family. I don't really find it to be innapropriate within our household.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM
We don't walk around and spend the day naked, but we don't hide while we are naked either. Getting in and out of the shower or getting dressed or undressed. DS doesn't shower with me anymore because he's old enough to do it himself, but he did for years.

Nudity isn't a big deal in the privacy of our home.
circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here, exactly! Only we have 8 people instead of 9 lol

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Never is too old if it is a parent.  Nudity is completely acceptable in our home and I have teens down to two yrs old.  I am not walking around naked but we have 9 people and one bathroom it is virtually impossible to have complete privacy especially since none have their own rooms either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)