Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does CPS consider living in a motel with 2 kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 231 Replies
1 mom liked this

neglect? Person in question is still married to one guy,is "engaged" to another one,and has 2 boys aged 4 and 5,and she just announced that she is pregnant with the "fiance's" baby. The kids are from another guy,not the husband.

Are you required to have an actual residence? The older boy needs to be enrolled in kindergarten in 6 weeks.

She's living in the motel because her soon to be ex moved out of the apartment they shared and she had no job,so she couldn't pay the rent. This was in February of this year. She moved in with the "fiance" in March. July 1st he was thrown out of his apartment,and they moved into this motel. She claims it's temporary,but I've seen no plans to get a place.

So...I was wondering if the father of these kids were to call CPS,would they deem this to be a place where she cannot live with the kids? When the oldest was an infant,he was removed by CPS because she was not feeding him,so she's already on CPS's radar

I'm her cousin BTW,and thoroughly disgusted

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TisHerself
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:43 AM
12 moms liked this

I'm not certain, but I think as long as they had a roof over their head, and were being well taken care of, it wouldn't be an issue...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM
3 moms liked this
They have a place to live, leave them alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM
A hotel is ok to live in so long as the children aren't being neglected or abused.
trish2tew
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM

This.

Quoting TisHerself:

I'm not certain, but I think as long as they had a roof over their head, and were being well taken care of, it wouldn't be an issue...

LadyMe
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
6 moms liked this
I would hope not. I lived in a hotel for 6 weeks with my daughter and new husband. The house we were supposed to get fell thru at the last minute and we were stuck. That's a hard spot to be in, I can't imagine having cps on your back too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
It has a roof, running water, and electric.
billiejo79
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
3 moms liked this

This is not cps worthy so don't waste their time.

OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
In high school we lived in a hotel for 3 weeks while waiting on the builders to finish the walk through and close on the house
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope as long as there a roof over there heads and they are fed and cared for a motel is perfectly acceptable. Also she can enroll them in school even if living in a motel as well.  

Know a mom that just did this and lived in the motel for over a year.

AllieKat
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM
38 moms liked this
You aren't calling because they are in a hotel. Be real, you're wanting an ok to call because you think her pregnant ass is a "slutty" mess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)