Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend says I should text my ex.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
I am 25 weeks pregnant. I got into a car accident last night. Nothing terribly severe, someone pulled out in front of me and I was doing the full speed limit of 60mph. I had no room to slow down or stop so I had three options, hit her or a pole at that speed, or swerve lanes and risk clipping a car. I swerved lanes and swapped paint with the other car. Jolted the hell out of myself and started contracting and spotting. I was treated and released at the ER last night. I called my OB for a followup and am still contracting, so he is having me come in for an exam and then sending me to be monitored for the day to see if he needs to admit me or not.

I don't see it as something to bother my ex over (baby is his) and my friend says it's bitchy for me not to at least let him know.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Yeah I would call. Even just to let him know that the baby is fine if nothing else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I think he should know. I can see you not wanting more stress while you are stressed already and pregnant. If it was a child not an unborn child I'd say it's really messed up not to tell. My dh's exgf never told him when she got in a car accident with ss. But what is important right now is you stay calm and healthy. I hope everything turns out fine. Hugs and prayers.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

That is totally your choice. If you want him there, call. If you don't, then don't call.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I see nothing wrong with a quick text. "Everything is ok but I wanted you to know I was in an accident, had some contractions, a little spotting, have been to ER and followed up with ob. Everything is ok."

Mommy2Bri425
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Depends on your terms. Me now? I wouldn't tell him jack unless I just had to.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I look at it this way- if the child were here & you were in a car accident would you contact him at that time? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm still waiting to follow up with my OB. I am still contracting and spotting. If something is wrong, I'll call him, if not, it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

Quoting cadditalbrat: Yeah I would call. Even just to let him know that the baby is fine if nothing else.
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM

You should text him. He needs to know and you could use the support.

casah4
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I would call.

cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I would still let him know you were in an accident

Quoting Anonymous: I'm still waiting to follow up with my OB. I am still contracting and spotting. If something is wrong, I'll call him, if not, it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

Quoting cadditalbrat: Yeah I would call. Even just to let him know that the baby is fine if nothing else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)