Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting a tattoo of your kid's name on your body before they are born: Yay or nay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

My cousin just got a tattoo of his daughter's name on his chest and she isn't even due for another month and a half. What if it turns out to be the a boy? What if, God forbid, they have a still born. Could they be jinxing themselves? What are your thoughts on the topic?

ETA: I had a name for my youngest daughter picked out when I was pregnant with her then about a week before she was born I had a dream she was a different name. I decided to wait until she was born to see if she looked like my original picked name or the new name. She looked like the new name when she was born. Plans can change...

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I don't believe in "jinxing".  And if the baby was stillborn, it would still be a nice tribute. I wouldn't do it for fear of the ultrasound being wrong, or if we decided last minute to change the name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Better than this gem someone got a couple days ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Well I think it's silly to say it's bad in case the child is a still born, as the child would still be a person and have an identity.

but I vote nay for before or after a child is born. It's super ghetto. 

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Nay.  I don't like name tats to begin with, but it's way too easy at this point in the game to decide on a different name altogether. 

Glitter_Shart
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Um no! What if it's a boy?
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Nay until the child is born imo
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM
I wouldn't do it, but well I wouldn't get a tattoo while pregnant lol. As far as dads doing it, I don't know, I think it's kinda sweet but I would be worried about the possibility of the ultrasound being wrong.
AJnEsMama
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I don't think tattoos can jinx people. If she is stillborn I'm sure he'd want it as a memorial. But what if they change their mind on the name or it is a different gender like you said. I personally wanted to wait until I'm done having kids so I can do a family tattoo if I still want too. What if he has more children?
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Lol, I thought you meant the mother

PaganKitty67
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I wouldn't do it before the child is born. Like you said what if they don't have the expected gender or if they change their mind on the name. I do have my kids names tattooed on me but it was after they were born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)