Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She wanted to pray. lol

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • 75 Replies
9 moms liked this

Last night my 6 year old and I have the following conversation while out to dinner.

She asked if at night we could have "wishing time" before lights out. I asked her what this was and she told me that it was when you wished for what you wanted before you went to bed. I asked her where she had heard about this and she told me she made it up. I asked her what types of things she would wish for.

I am raising my children without religion. Although I suspected she was talking about praying, I continued to play dumb. We talked about the things she would wish for and I told her that would be fine. She asked if we could start that night, and I agreed.

Later that night, while I tucked her in, and sang her a song, she interrupted me. "don't forget about wishing time mom!" I nodded and continued our song.

Wish time came, and I asked her how we should do it. She told me "You put your hands together like this, then you close your eyes. Then you say I wish for Daddy to come home soon and smile a lot and be really happy"

My husband has had some trouble with medication the last week or so and has been a bit crabby. Also he's away on business and won't be home until tomorrow.

She then asked me what I wanted to wish for. I told her that her wish sounded good I would just go along with that.

She continued. "Then we say Hay-den." I smiled and repeated "Hey-Den" LOL It was just about the cutest thing ever. She finally came clean and told me she got it from Despicable me. One of the moments I'll be remembering forever.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgiefae
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

too freaking cute....

AvantGardener
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM

It was really hard for me not to laugh when she said Hayden. Luckily her eyes were closed or she would have seen me fighting it.

Quoting morgiefae:

too freaking cute....

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Adorable!!

And where have you been lady?? I've missed you!
katydid150
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Adorable!

AvantGardener
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom is visiting. I'll be back in full force Sunday night after I drop her off. lol I've been taking her sight seeing and things. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: Adorable!! And where have you been lady?? I've missed you!

Laura1427
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Awwwwwwww she is the sweetest.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Awww!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM
7 moms liked this
"...and a little child shall lead them."

Your child wants to know about God. What a disservice to her for you to "play dumb".

"Hay-den" was really cute.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Aww. I hope her wish comes true.

I'd use it as a way to teach about putting out positive energies for good to come back to her.
AvantGardener
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM
6 moms liked this

She doesn't "want to know about God" She can't want to know about something if she has never heard of it. I think it would be a disservice to put my beliefs on her when they are hers to discover on her own.

Quoting TranquilMind: "...and a little child shall lead them." Your child wants to know about God. What a disservice to her for you to "play dumb". "Hay-den" was really cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)