Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those who had unassisted home births !??

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • 32 Replies
How so you tell how far dilated you are ?!!

I know I'm posting a lot the last few days. I was 2 cm three weeks ago I am 37 weeks now and I have had contractions for 2 days on and off now. and I had bloody show. I wish there was way to check and know how far dilated I am. When I check I can tell it's open but I don't know how to measure how much. And I can fell what feels like baby's head.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
niki_hubbard
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Google. I remember seeing charts in the emergency room when a friend of mine needed to go in...
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Is this your first? Because I knew when it was time to push because it just felt different

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

you had the bloody show, but not consistent contractions? the bloody show is often the start of labor. how were you able to tell 2 cm three weeks ago?

you can actually feel baby's head, through your cervix?

i'm all for going natural, but get your ass to a doctor. that doesn't sound right. especially since you're bleeding at 37 weeks, that is not a good sign.

noey31308
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM
My doc checked me three weeks ago. It's just spotting alike in mucous and I haven't seen it after it was there when I wiped.
noey31308
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I was just wondering how to tell how far dilated you are.
noey31308
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM
It's my third baby but it's my first full term baby so it is safe to try and birth at home. Doc said
I
Could.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Doubt you had a bloody show. That happens minutes before the baby comes out. Go to the doctor. In 3 weeks a lot can happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
If you aren't knowledgable enough, you should NOT be having an unassisted home birth. Get yourself a doula or midwife so you don't kill your kid or yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:40 PM
No. Mine was about 30 hours before I went into labor.

Quoting Anonymous: Doubt you had a bloody show. That happens minutes before the baby comes out. Go to the doctor. In 3 weeks a lot can happen.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting noey31308: My doc checked me three weeks ago. It's just spotting alike in mucous and I haven't seen it after it was there when I wiped.

it helps if you quote someone, that way they can get the notification that you've replied to them.

spotting isn't a bloody show. i always had a lot of discharge towards the end of my pregnancies. so mucus plus a little bit of spotting isn't anything at all. especially if it goes away after a wipe or two.

is this your first child? have you never gone through labor before? have you never witnessed a labor? i strongly encourage you to NOT have an unassisted birth if this is the case. have a home birth, that's totally cool. i had a water birth. it was incredible. it was in a hospital, though, because i compromised with dh, who was paranoid about complications.

my mom had six normal, uncomplicated births, but the seventh birth almost killed her and the baby. you never know what could go wrong, and it's best to have at least SOMEONE - be it a doctor, a midwife, or someone that's been around a laboring creature - who knows what they're doing. this isn't something you just wing and hope for the best. this is how women die at home with their babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)