Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He was naked in the driveway!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM
  • 33 Replies
Poor DH sleepwalks. I sleep really lightly and usually wake up when he gets out of bed and supervise his weird sleepwalking. Usually he just gets dressed, gets a snack, and lies down in front of the TV and puts that 70s show on.

Well last night I took a flexeril and slept like the dead. He got up about an hour after we got to bed, and when he woke up he was standing at the foot of the driveway... completely fucking naked.

He's calling his doctor today to find out what to do about it, but most of it is probably the new house and stress/poor sleep. I'm just glad he didn't get arrested or hit by a car. Anyone else sleepwalk or have a SO/child that does? What do you do for it?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm going to just laugh my butt off for a second at the fact that he was naked at the end of your driveway!!!
Ok now seriously, my dh used to sleep walk but not anymore. He stood in front of the sink and ate ice cream, once he was standing up eating a bowl of cereal and started choking, and another time he got in his truck bed and slept there.
Is he on any prescription meds? Since dh stopped taking them he stopped sleep walking.
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM

wow...that was a close call.   my DH used to have night terrors and I would often get out of bed bcause I was worried he may hit me by accident.  the nightmares were so bad that he would often get nose bleeds.   eventually he stopped having them (we lived in a really weird rental house for a while and they were bad while we lived there) and he maybe has 1-2 a year if he is really stressed out about something.

smalltownteddy
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Butt naked!! I laughed too, and then felt like a massive dick lol.

He isn't on any meds right now, he's tried melatonin before but it made it worse. He's callin his doctor today, but I'm worried sleep aids will just make him harder to wake and not help the sleep walking.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm going to just laugh my butt off for a second at the fact that he was naked at the end of your driveway!!!
Ok now seriously, my dh used to sleep walk but not anymore. He stood in front of the sink and ate ice cream, once he was standing up eating a bowl of cereal and started choking, and another time he got in his truck bed and slept there.
Is he on any prescription meds? Since dh stopped taking them he stopped sleep walking.
KatUzumaki
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao... Bahahahahahahahahaha

Ok. But seriously. That's dangerous. I recommend installing bdsm restrains stat!

Just cuff that sucker down at night.

Problem. Solved.

You're welcome ;-)
smalltownteddy
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Oooooooh good idea! ;)

Quoting KatUzumaki: Lmao... Bahahahahahahahahaha

Ok. But seriously. That's dangerous. I recommend installing bdsm restrains stat!

Just cuff that sucker down at night.

Problem. Solved.

You're welcome ;-)
julie515
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I did as a kid. Now I just talk in my sleep. So does everyone else in my family.
Nothing dangerous ever happened to me. I rarely even left my room. I usually just got up and did weird things and laid back down. No one even knew until a friend stayed the night and asked me about it
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM

My brother would sleepwalk when we were kids.  He used to go through the house and turn on every single light and lay down on the couch in the basement.  He grew out of it though..or something, he hasn't done it since he was maybe 10 or so.  I used to sleepwalk when I was on Ambien but once I stopped taking it, I stopped sleepwalking.

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
We all sleep walk. Ds was standing in my bathroom the night before last. I have hotel locks on the front doors.
smalltownteddy
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
The weird stuff, like his sleepwalking obsession with That 70s Show, I don't mind. I can't believe he unlocked a door and walked all the way down our driveway though!!

Quoting julie515: I did as a kid. Now I just talk in my sleep. So does everyone else in my family.
Nothing dangerous ever happened to me. I rarely even left my room. I usually just got up and did weird things and laid back down. No one even knew until a friend stayed the night and asked me about it
julie515
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM
That is scary. I think I would have a hard time sleeping.

Quoting smalltownteddy: The weird stuff, like his sleepwalking obsession with That 70s Show, I don't mind. I can't believe he unlocked a door and walked all the way down our driveway though!!

Quoting julie515: I did as a kid. Now I just talk in my sleep. So does everyone else in my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)