• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son wont eat anything...what do i do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My son wont eat anything i put in front of him.. The only thing i can get him to eat is cheese quesadilla and pancakes. I offer him different types of food but he wont eat them. He hasnt eaten meet in over a month. What do i do? Also i have heard "he will eat when hungry" thats not the case with my son, i have tried and he wont eat and will go to sleep hungry.. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlanahsMommy623
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM
How old is he? I would say myself he will eat when he's hungry but I know that's frustrating to hear. My currently 18 month old will go days without eating more than a bit or two of this or that and never the same thing twice. Doc said as long as he isn't loosing weight or acting sick/lethargic then I shouldn't worried too much and just keep offering food.
What you could do with your ds is maybe make him a big part of picking out and preparing his meals. My dd loves helping cook and will always eat everything on her plate if she's helped make it. Even stuff I would have swore she would hate.
The biggest thing momma is don't give in. I know we worry when they don't eat and would rather they eat the one thing they want over and over but that isn't always healthy and just develops the idea that as long as they refuse to eat you'll give in. Maybe limit his liked foods to only a couple of times a week at most.
Good luck though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM

he is four. he is already on the small size (height and weight). but i dont think he is underweight

Quoting AlanahsMommy623: How old is he? I would say myself he will eat when he's hungry but I know that's frustrating to hear. My currently 18 month old will go days without eating more than a bit or two of this or that and never the same thing twice. Doc said as long as he isn't loosing weight or acting sick/lethargic then I shouldn't worried too much and just keep offering food. What you could do with your ds is maybe make him a big part of picking out and preparing his meals. My dd loves helping cook and will always eat everything on her plate if she's helped make it. Even stuff I would have swore she would hate. The biggest thing momma is don't give in. I know we worry when they don't eat and would rather they eat the one thing they want over and over but that isn't always healthy and just develops the idea that as long as they refuse to eat you'll give in. Maybe limit his liked foods to only a couple of times a week at most. Good luck though.

lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Try pediasure. I have the same problem with my lo. He won't eat a veggie to save his life! He loves the chocolate ones!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM

My friend has a son that will only eat a select few foods, they even tried a place where they are supposed to be able to get your kid to eat other things. Turns out between that and some behavior issues, he has aspergers.

amandajoy21
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Keep trying at that age they go on weird eating binges. You could look into the protein powders that weight lifters take to get him his protein or experiment with the foods he will eat. Try adding fruit to breakfast or doing pancakes with meat cooked into it. At this age you could try including him in the meal planning many kids eat better when it is something they pick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Can you get him to eat a smoothie? (you can hide veggies in smoothies!)

adding 1/3 cup PediaSure powder is a great way to power up your fruit smoothies with added nutrients including calories from protein, fat and carbohydrate, and 26 vitamins and minerals that your child may be missing. 

You can even add the powder to his pancakes!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM

he drinks that already but i also want him to eat

Quoting lonelymoon: Try pediasure. I have the same problem with my lo. He won't eat a veggie to save his life! He loves the chocolate ones!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM

no i cant 

i juice a lot and he wont touch any of the drinks. 

he drink ensure but ill definitely do the powder w/ the pancakes

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you get him to eat a smoothie? 

adding 1/3 cup PediaSure powder is a great way to power up your fruit smoothies with added nutrients including calories from protein, fat and carbohydrate, and 26 vitamins and minerals that your child may be missing. 

Maybe you could add the powder to his pancakes??

lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
He will be ok. I'm sure he will grow out of it. At least he is getting some nutrition. Keep offering him things. Don't get discouraged =)

Quoting Anonymous:

he drinks that already but i also want him to eat

Quoting lonelymoon: Try pediasure. I have the same problem with my lo. He won't eat a veggie to save his life! He loves the chocolate ones!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM

i offer him fruit with all meals. he will sometimes eat bananas. 

Quoting amandajoy21: Keep trying at that age they go on weird eating binges. You could look into the protein powders that weight lifters take to get him his protein or experiment with the foods he will eat. Try adding fruit to breakfast or doing pancakes with meat cooked into it. At this age you could try including him in the meal planning many kids eat better when it is something they pick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)