Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate how this is making me feel..what woud you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I am on a pain killer right now. I have to be. I am the start of getting my teeth removed to have false teeth put in. Long story short I never had the proper denal care till the past month or two, the coating on my teeth is gone from the lack of proper dental care and other reasons. But thats not the issuse, I have expected that this will happen and I will be finally able to smile and be proud of my smile. But..my teeth are killing me. I have tried taking otc med and nothing is touching the pain at all. I ended up just crying and calling the dental office and asking for something for pain. I just couldnt handle the pain and it was keeping me up really late. surrender 

So the called me in some hydrocodon 5mg. It works pretty good, expect for one thing. It makes me feel like crap. I get super sleepy, and dizzy with it. Good thing I dont have drive anywhere today. The dr said this is the smallest dose anything else would be otc. So I was wondering..can I cut the pill in half? I am spacing them out as much as I can. I am to take one or two (two is way to much for me to handle) every four to six hours. I am spacing them out as much as I can or I will be passed out all day and not be able to care for my children. Anyone else have it where you cant handle much pain? What do you do if you have to take a pain killer? I have tried hot packs, ice (which just made my face really cold) and otc meds. Any adivce? Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
emandab
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM

You can try cutting them in half but I would also take ibuprofen with them.  They work well together for the pain and the ibuprofen will really help with the inflammation.  Trust me, my dentist suggested this after having my wisdom teeth cut out and I had to go back after 2 days because he missed a piece.  He asked about the pain and I said I was only taking the advil during the day and hydrocodone at night (he prescribed both).  He said I really needed to use them together and I'd feel much better.  He was SOOO right! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Quoting emandab:

You can try cutting them in half but I would also take ibuprofen with them.  They work well together for the pain and the ibuprofen will really help with the inflammation.  Trust me, my dentist suggested this after having my wisdom teeth cut out and I had to go back after 2 days because he missed a piece.  He asked about the pain and I said I was only taking the advil during the day and hydrocodone at night (he prescribed both).  He said I really needed to use them together and I'd feel much better.  He was SOOO right! 

I will try that..thank you

KatUzumaki
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM
If it's not a gel pill but a chalky one ... Then yes, cut that sucker in half!!!

Prescription pain meds do the same to me... Plus they make me itch like crazy.

At night before bed, take a full dose. I've packs too if needed

Best advice... Don't move around a lot and get hot. When your heart starts pumping blood faster.. It's going to make the pain worse.

Also make sure you are drinking tons of water. This helps the pill be more effective. Also, prescription pain meds can cause constipation so you want to make sure you drink the water as a prevention method.

Good luck Hun. And congrats on a new grill
;-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Quoting KatUzumaki: If it's not a gel pill but a chalky one ... Then yes, cut that sucker in half!!! Prescription pain meds do the same to me... Plus they make me itch like crazy. At night before bed, take a full dose. I've packs too if needed Best advice... Don't move around a lot and get hot. When your heart starts pumping blood faster.. It's going to make the pain worse. Also make sure you are drinking tons of water. This helps the pill be more effective. Also, prescription pain meds can cause constipation so you want to make sure you drink the water as a prevention method. Good luck Hun. And congrats on a new grill ;-)

Thank you so much

KatUzumaki
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM
No prob ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KatUzumaki: If it's not a gel pill but a chalky one ... Then yes, cut that sucker in half!!! Prescription pain meds do the same to me... Plus they make me itch like crazy. At night before bed, take a full dose. I've packs too if needed Best advice... Don't move around a lot and get hot. When your heart starts pumping blood faster.. It's going to make the pain worse. Also make sure you are drinking tons of water. This helps the pill be more effective. Also, prescription pain meds can cause constipation so you want to make sure you drink the water as a prevention method. Good luck Hun. And congrats on a new grill ;-)

Thank you so much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)