Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:( wth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I woke up and my leg was asleep, from my knee down.Well this was at 6 am and my calf still hurts it's sore.Why would my calf still be sore from just my leg falling asleep. ..Am I just being paranoid
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:40 PM
How were you sleeping that your leg fell asleep? That comes from lack of blood flow and can be painful for quite a while after depending on how long it was denied blood.
KatUzumaki
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM
It could be sore from having a cramp.

But I'm sure you are concerned about a possible blood clot?

It the pain continues, or warmth and swelling developed, you'll need to contact your doctor immediately

For now I would recommend taking some ibuprofen. Drink plenty of water. Do a little light stretching.

But just a little pain could be simply from a cramp or it having been asleep for too long.

But of you are uneasy... Make a call to your nurse ;-)
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Is it red or warm at all?

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Sounds like a charlie horse might be coming on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM
No just sore:(

Quoting B1Bomber:

Is it red or warm at all?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM
I was laying on my side and had my other leg on that leg and i guess that's how it fell asleep

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: How were you sleeping that your leg fell asleep? That comes from lack of blood flow and can be painful for quite a while after depending on how long it was denied blood.
R00k
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM
It could have been under some pressure while you slept for a while, as it fell asleep as well. If the soreness persists for another day without lessening I would be concerned, but otherwise I would just compare it to your neck or shoulder being sore after you slept wrong. Sometimes it can take a couple days to stop hurting, but it improves as it goes along and you can tell it's healing. But be prepared for it to get a little bit worse before it starts rapidly getting better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Idk it has me worried, it hurts when I walk so now I'm walking all weird...it feels like a muscle but how could it be my muscle when all that happened was my leg fell asleep

Quoting R00k: It could have been under some pressure while you slept for a while, as it fell asleep as well. If the soreness persists for another day without lessening I would be concerned, but otherwise I would just compare it to your neck or shoulder being sore after you slept wrong. Sometimes it can take a couple days to stop hurting, but it improves as it goes along and you can tell it's healing. But be prepared for it to get a little bit worse before it starts rapidly getting better.
R00k
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Because your sleeping position caused the blood flow to be cut off for it to fall asleep in the first place. Which implies it was under some kind of pressure or bent weird, which can lead to sore muscles.

Quoting Anonymous: Idk it has me worried, it hurts when I walk so now I'm walking all weird...it feels like a muscle but how could it be my muscle when all that happened was my leg fell asleep

Quoting R00k: It could have been under some pressure while you slept for a while, as it fell asleep as well. If the soreness persists for another day without lessening I would be concerned, but otherwise I would just compare it to your neck or shoulder being sore after you slept wrong. Sometimes it can take a couple days to stop hurting, but it improves as it goes along and you can tell it's healing. But be prepared for it to get a little bit worse before it starts rapidly getting better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Of course I automatically think I have a blood clot

Quoting R00k: Because your sleeping position caused the blood flow to be cut off for it to fall asleep in the first place. Which implies it was under some kind of pressure or bent weird, which can lead to sore muscles.

Quoting Anonymous: Idk it has me worried, it hurts when I walk so now I'm walking all weird...it feels like a muscle but how could it be my muscle when all that happened was my leg fell asleep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)