Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister got a pit

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 36 Replies
I knew my sister got a new puppy but didn't know what kind. I just talked to my mom & she said it's a pit. Why, why, WHY?? No offense to the people that raise them, actually more power to you. They're not a favorite breed of mine. Does she not understand the responsibility?? WAY more responsibility than caring for any other breed. My mom said her neighbor told her she didn't know what she's getting herself into. It's bad enough her & her husband aren't home often. She said they went out of town last week & she left him with her. My mom tried to pick him up & he growled at her. Figured she would have learned from the pit she had years ago & she ended up leaving him with my mom. I remember when I was pregnant with my oldest. I was at the house & tried to go into the backyard, he charged at me. He had to be put down after he got out & bit a woman. My mom wants me to call & talk some sense into her. How am I going to help? My sister is stubborn.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Blah blah blah. He will prove u wrong and u will feel luke an idiot .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM
My pits are way less work then my MIL little bitch dogs. Her dogs have attacked my DD for NO reason. My dogs only will lick. Go figure huh?
MissMandaz
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Oh Jesus
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM
How are you going to help?

Did your sister ask for your help?

If not, it doesn't really have anything to do with you.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh. This could get good. You mentioned the magic word, pit.

*sits down, pulls out key lime bars to share*

R00k
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM
While I do agree that pits do require a higher level of responsibility, I don't agree with you assuming your sister cannot handle it. Is she a younger sister? Is that why you jump from "Aw, a puppy." To "OMG she has no idea what she is doing." So quickly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM

You and the person who liked your comment did read the part about this puppy already growling at people....right? And that they've already had a dog put down for biting people? How in the world would that be proving her wrong lol?

Quoting Anonymous: Blah blah blah. He will prove u wrong and u will feel luke an idiot .

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I don't know why people get dogs without even KNOWING what breed it is. Even if it's a mutt. It would have some defining trait of some breed to go off of.  And more than likely, it's not a Pit. A lot of times these "Pit Bulls" people claim to have are just mutts, or different breeds entirely. 

As for Pit Bulls, I have one Pure APBT, a Pit/staff mix and an American Bulldog/ Pit mix.  You're right, they are a little bit more intense than the average dogs. They are strong, driven dogs that need a consistent, firm owner.  I wouldn't give one to a novice owner, just like I wouldn't give a Dutch Shepherd, Belgian Malinois or a Presa Canario to a novice owner. They are a high energy, game dogs that one should make sure they are getting from a reputable source before buying. Less, you get an unstable dog. 

JessicaTaylor19
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Omfg pits are amazing dogs if raised right. They have a bad name because people like u have decided they need something to talk.about.....you sister clearly likes tge breed dose she live in your house.... since um assuming no it shouldnt matter
C8linVilla
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

There is NO extra upkeep with this breed!! Treat them right, take care of them, train them and Done!! Here are mine. The tan is Coco she helped raise our baby goat whenher mother didnt want ehr and The black is Remmy who is Certified and trained as an attack dog. Best 2 dogs ive ever owned! We foster and both were fosters who are now pets! Get her dog into training and help her out with it. Instead of judging and trying to i assume convince her to get rid of it. 

OH and i own these dogs with 13 rabbits, 5 ducks, 2 chickens, 1 goat and 4 kids no issues with fighting or attaching or biting...Just train them!

Like Free stuff? Come check us out! We have Frugal Ideas, Freebies, Sweepstakes, Instant win games & more! Even ways to Earn Money. ]C8lin's Freebie Page 100% Free stuff! Group - CafeMom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)