Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom play groups

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok so I have attended a few of these mommy baby/kid play groups and is it just me or are they all the I only feed my kid organic sugar free make my own baby food kinda people. I have nothing against these kinds of moms but seriously that's all the talk about. I only give my baby raw milk I buy for $5 half gallon straight from the farmer. Yet while they are competing for who is the best at this who feeds their kids the healthiest they have no idea where their kid is. They kept just screaming hoping they would come back and if they didn't after 15times then they would go and get them. And here I am feeding my kid is snack of nilla wafer minis and cereal. And while he went and played I kept an eye on him and knew where he was. These mom groups make me feel outta place.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I also feel outta place because for some reason they're perfect moms lol ... I found one though that is the beat one ever !! I even look forward to attending lol

You may wanna Google Mops to see if there's one in the area that you live :)
CotterpinDoozer
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Not the right fit I'd say. I lucked out and found a good mom group quickly, but sometimes it takes a bit to find the right group.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I must have gotten lucky. I met a group of military mommies through CM when DS was little, we became great friends. None us were/are "crunchy" moms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:32 PM
I had the bestest mommy friends in the bestest playgroup ever when my kids were younger!! I miss them so much!!
kbntaej
by Josephine on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I do mamaology and MOPS & I really like the MOPS group. Our local mamaology is exactly what you mentioned, OP but MUCH worse lol
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I loved my MOMS Club when my kids were little. Sounds like you need to find a group that is a better fit for you. You can google MOMS Club and find one close to you. MOPS is also a great group.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I found a great group on meetup.com.  I've made some of my best friends through the group.

skittlefart
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Have some fun and throw a cupcake down your kid's throat while they're in the middle of talking about it. ;D That's what I'd doooooo~

Kmary
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Our playgroup is awesome and not like that at all. There are a couple crunchy moms in it, but they are not at all preachy about it whatsoever. They've become my good friends. I'd feel much lonelier as a SAHM without them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)