• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mixed emotions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
So yesterday, driving home, I get into a small accident. It was completely my fault and I own it. Well, we pull over exchange info....well attempt to, but the other guy has no insurance, but I still offer mine,to which he turns down. I managed to break his side mirror and that mirror put a good size dent in my car door. I tell my husband and he is furious. He came home and wouldn't talk to me, gave so much attitude, and wouldn't even be in the same room as me.

I get why he is mad. I should have been more careful, but things happen. This was my first car accident ever since getting my license 10 years ago. He's mad that we have to pay the $500 deductible to get the car fixed. He said "why bother even savibg money then". We have almost 6k in savings, 500 isnt gonna break us. I'm just feeling overwhelmed with his response to an accident.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daniellegirly26
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Don't sweat it. Shit happens. That's why they are called accidents. He's being a big baby. It could have easily happened to him too.
Be glad you weren't hurt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Yikes. He's totally overreacting. It was an accident. Do you work and contribute to the savings?
kss12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
That's the weirdest reaction I've ever heard. First I'd make sure you were ok! If my dh acted like that I'd get back in the car and put more dents in it!
He needs to grow up!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I'm very glad no one was hurt. Even more so that my kids were at home with my sister.

Quoting daniellegirly26: Don't sweat it. Shit happens. That's why they are called accidents. He's being a big baby. It could have easily happened to him too.
Be glad you weren't hurt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:31 PM
I dont. I'm a sahm and the money in savings is school money. He worked hard for it so I do get it. I've contemplated selling my wedding dress to pay for the car.

Quoting Anonymous: Yikes. He's totally overreacting. It was an accident. Do you work and contribute to the savings?
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:40 PM

He's being kind of a dick about it. Accidents happen, that's why they created car insurance, lol. Don't beat yourself up over it. I guess just make sure that next time he gets in an accident, you give him hell for it, too ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Lol before he met me he did crash his car into the side of a mountain. He was fine but the car was totalled.

Quoting Superlaura328:

He's being kind of a dick about it. Accidents happen, that's why they created car insurance, lol. Don't beat yourself up over it. I guess just make sure that next time he gets in an accident, you give him hell for it, too ;)

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I'd be holding that shit over his head like everyday, lol!!

Quoting Anonymous: Lol before he met me he did crash his car into the side of a mountain. He was fine but the car was totalled.
Quoting Superlaura328:

AZHOTMOM
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Ha, I would tell Dh to fuck off if he had that attitude.

Sorry about your car, but you were not hurt, no one else was hurt, only a mirror and car door are damaged, it is a win in my book.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Right. That's a win for me too. My dad keeps telling me, its just a car and it is. Its obviously replaceable but a person, not so much.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Ha, I would tell Dh to fuck off if he had that attitude.

Sorry about your car, but you were not hurt, no one else was hurt, only a mirror and car door are damaged, it is a win in my book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)