• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they wrote the wrong scrip!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My son is 14 and has ADHD. He takes the generic concerta it works for him well a few months ago his psycholigist asked if his primary care phys would be comforrtable with wrriting the scrips for his med as she was switching to inpatients. They were and so we started geting his scrip written at his docs office . It was much mor easy as his docs office is just a few blocks away and next door to the pharmacy. he has had TWO refills with NO prob. well I callled them to get a refill and picked it up yesterday and got it filled. ONLY to find out afterward that the drs office messed up and wrote the scrip for one of the medications that he had taken in the past and didnt work as well. I called the office and they found the mistake BUT since I had the scrip filled there was nothing that could be done they can write another scrip BUT they wont fill it and they cant take back the other medication so I have to give him the med for a month intill its time for a refill and THEN I can get the right med. I relize the laws are inplace to try and stop drug abuse but it seemes just to hurt the people who are using the meds correctly! they cant call the scrip in to the pharmacy or have it so I can just call in a refill I have to go and pick up the scrip and take it to the pharmacy they cant fill a new scrip becaus of the other one being filled. once it leaves the drs office then its out of their hands. have you ever tried to read a scrip? its like trying to read another language argg! sorry just a long vent. From now on I will check with the pharmacy to make sure that the scrips are for what they are supose to be before I have it filled
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MisfitInTN
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Why would you pick up a med that wasn't correct. My son is on adhd meds and I physically have to take the rc to the pharmacy and make sure it's written correctly.
kewimom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:38 PM
I used to work in a pharmacy, granted many years ago, but the pharmacy should be able insurance to back out the wrong prescription and fill and pay for the correct one. The doc office can probably call as well. We did all the time.
trish2tew
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I try to always double check the prescription when we pick them up. Never had anything like that happen though.

AZHOTMOM
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Oh that suck big time. I always check at the pharmacy now. They have such strict laws they won't take back anything.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:44 PM
That sucks. Sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)