Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

big life changing choice ahhhhh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My dh recently got a big raise. But he hates the company he works for. He applied for a job where my sister lives (6 hours away). He had an interview that went well just waiting on the main boss to do another interview. The guy was on vacation and just super busy, so we have waited 2 weeks.
The shop manager says they want him this is just the last step. If we move if move in with my sister. Who has a super huge house. We would basically have our own house its so big. My bil broke his back in Iraq so we would be moving to help them out. He can't mow the grass do repairs around the house ect. We would not pay rent unless we stay longer than 6 months then we pay half their mortgage. He got a big payment from the military so money doesn't matter to them. More that they are alone and have no help.
So we are waiting on the job to call, my son needs to be there to start school in two weeks ( still a month before school starts here). The school system there is best in state vs the one he goes to now is worst in this state.
My husband keep calling the job. They promised today was the day. No call. Debating just moving now, but without knowing he has a job that's scary too. Also we have no clue how this new job compares to pay wise vs the old job.

What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I wouldn't move without knowing DH had a job. No way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:45 PM

No job, no move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM
That's what we have said from the get go. Its just so hard living in limbo. Will we won't we. Plus worrying about my son and school. Its hard. We have some savings but moving that far is gonna cost ally too. Idk if 2 grand will go far. Its so frustrating. I know we won't do it but the idea of just moving sounds so nice

Quoting Danesmommy1: I wouldn't move without knowing DH had a job. No way.
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I'll tell you what, it's scary. When we move from Florida to Texas, I had a professional connection that put me in touch with my current boss so I was practically a shoe-in, however, I did not have a guaranteed job when we made the move. We went for it - had a lot of money saved up and the pros of Texas far outweighed the cons of Florida, but that first week of waiting for the formal job offer was so unbelievably nervewracking, lol. I got the job, everything worked out fine, but honestly - if I were in that same position again, I wouldn't have made the move prior to the job offer, lol.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I wouldn't move without knowing DH had a job. No way.


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)