Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need major advice!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I currently work overnights. I am also starting college this fall and I'm worried I won't be getting enough sleep (I already don't). Would you continue working overnights? Would you just go down to PT? Would you find a daytime job and try to fit both work and school between 7 am and 6 pm and put kids in daycare? I'm freaking out and running out of time to decide. I really need to get a degree, I'm so tired of living paycheck to paycheck. But it seems almost impossible to fit everything in. I have 4 kids, so they need and deserve my time too.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM
*also... my boss said I'm not allowed to work on school work during my shift. That puts a huge strain on me too because now my hours at home will be for studying rather than sleeping.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM

What's your job? 

Quoting Anonymous: *also... my boss said I'm not allowed to work on school work during my shift. That puts a huge strain on me too because now my hours at home will be for studying rather than sleeping.

AZHOTMOM
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would try to fit school and work into daytime hours and put kids in daycare. At least you would be home in the evening with them and could get the proper rest to do all the things you do. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Treatment center. My clients mostly sleep, but there are always duties and cleaning to do.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

What's your job? 

Quoting Anonymous: *also... my boss said I'm not allowed to work on school work during my shift. That puts a huge strain on me too because now my hours at home will be for studying rather than sleeping.

kim15690
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Switch. Much easier
achorney
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

If you get a day job, you're going to stay up all night doing homework and not sleeping ANYWAY.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:17 PM
When I was in school, "my time" was school
theTosh.O
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I wouldn't bother going back to school personally. In this economy, it would suck to sacrifice so much time and money and not be able to find a job.

jeromeo
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:24 PM

You would be burning the candle at both ends and burn out quickly in my opinion.  Can you afford to work pt?  Do you have a spouse/partner to help?  Do you get financial aid or loans to help?  Full time school is no joke and if you want to get through school you need to be dedicated.  For myself, I would be a giant bitch if I didn't get enough sleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:26 PM
I'm going for pre-pharmacy and hopefully go for my Doctor of Pharmacy if accepted into the program. I'm not too worried about finding a career after graduation. I can't continue to make $12 an hour, it doesn't cut it.

Quoting theTosh.O:

I wouldn't bother going back to school personally. In this economy, it would suck to sacrifice so much time and money and not be able to find a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)