Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update*24 weeks pregnant and fell down the stairs.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 16 Replies
So here I sit in the ER alone, dh is with the kids. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and fell down four stairs and a landing. Held on the the railing for dear life. And well my big and first toe on my right foot bent under my foot like a damn flip flop taking the weight on every stair.

I should mention I am 6'3 and normally weigh 180, I as of Wednesday weight 230.

Dr thinks its broken, and likely due to the bodies sudden weight gain it couldn't handle the force.

So basically in a nice way I was told well you're so fat with baby that your fattness broke your foot lmao

On a plus side, kids were horrible this morning and now dh is stuck watching them.

Also baby was in no way impacted by my stupid clumsy ass.

*update*

I chip fractured my big toe.. so now I will always have a loose bone chip. And sprained my foot, and ankle severly. Now I wait for a shoe.

Ugh I am so freaking embarresed.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Oh and I'm 27 and this is my first broken foot so all I want to do is scream like a baby from the pain.
AZHOTMOM
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Oh goodness. At least baby is ok.

I slipped and fell on my back at work when I was 9 months. Fell so hard I pissed myself. It sucked. LOL!!

PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Oh! The title took my breath away.  I was so afraid something happened to the baby. Glad you are ok except for your toe.  Good luck.

SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I fell down the stairs when I was six months pregnant while holding my 2 year old nephew. I twisted so my nephew and my belly didn't land on the ground. I had one hell of a bruise on my ass and elbow. But nothing was broke.

Off topic... 6'3? That is awesome. My dh would love you! He is also 6'3 and he said that he was looking for a tall woman...HA! He got me... I am only 5'5. But it must be working... 16 years married next week.

blessedtohave7
by Bahama Mama on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM
On the bright side of things...Baby is ok...just sucks you have to deal with a broken toe.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM
I'm dead jealous of your height!

I'm glad you and the baby are ok.
yksmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM
((Hugs))

Yesterday my dog got out. I grabbed his collar to lead him back inside. He stepped on my flip flop. I went down on my knees in the driveway. I scrapped both knees, one just a little, one kinda bad. I've been feeling kinda sorry for myself, but I hereby officially transfer all my sorry to you. Poor thing.
nanny1918
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM
I'm sorry about your foot but I'm so glad your baby is safe :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM
At least baby was okay, it could always be worse. I just had emergency surgery at 22 weeks that left a gaping hole that has to be doctored. When I broke my toe it wasn't bad to heal at all, you should be better in no time
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Well its broken.. chip fracture to my big toe, and a severe sprain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)