Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After talking to people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I always wonder how much stupid i gave away. Do you have the same feeling, is it i am dumb or a social anxiety? How to overcome it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlyharmless
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I never wonder that at all. Just hang out on MC a lot. If you're stupid, I'm sure someone will politely let you know.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Lol
That's so nice of them.

Quoting mostlyharmless:

I never wonder that at all. Just hang out on MC a lot. If you're stupid, I'm sure someone will politely let you know.

mostlyharmless
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

MC cares!

Quoting BrutalTruth: Lol That's so nice of them.
Quoting mostlyharmless:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Some people did, it still does not stop me    

Quoting mostlyharmless:

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I am way better at getting my point across in writing than I am face to face. I almost always say something that sounds dumb or unintelligent when I am talking with people. 

Tracys2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I think it- especially if you really dwell on it- is a little social anxiety. I've been told that most people are not MC and forget most of the stupid we say, and only remember if we are friendly or fun or whaytever.

But I'll tell you-- some people need to think MORE about it, even if you and I need to think less! :-)

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM

No, I think a lot of people like to pretend they are dumb so they don't have to something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I know that I am not dumb but I am a socially awkward introvert. Small talk in difficult for me so I usually end up saying something random lol. Sticking to really small groups or one on one conversations helps me a lot.
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I don't know if, for me, it is social anxiety, but I do know that my ADHD gets in the way a lot. I tend to hyperfocus on certain topics, or things that people say, and I also get very frustrated if I get distracted, or interrupted....in order for my brain to stay on track, I have to start all over again.

It tends to make me avoid social situations, if I can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I'm a really quiet person and rarely say much due to my anxiety.. Too worried about what others with think of my opinion, sigh. On here it's completely different though. I just dgaf about whats said on cafemom lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)