Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**** EDIT **** You divorced him because of what?!?!?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 38 Replies
***** EDIT ******

So many of you are missing the point of this post.

It's not about the cat lady. It's about the fact that very few take their marriage and vows seriously. Marriage takes work, compromise, sacrifice, and 2 people that really love each other to really make it! It just seems that divorce is such a norm. The cat lady and her husband obviously were not ready to be married to each other. But if there would have been real love between them, they could have worked on something that worked for them Both.

I'm so shocked to see how many women say they would divorce their husband if they had to choose between their pet and marriage! Wtf???

I feel like now a days, marriage isn't something that couples take seriously. People are getting divorced for the dumbest shit ever!! Why do people even spend the time and money on something that has so little value to them?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ragdoll7777
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:30 PM
4 moms liked this

The guy LIED to her and totally changed his mind two weeks in, why would any man make anyone choose between them and a cat? Seriously, he sounds like a psycho. She's better off with her cat.

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this
If someone can lie to you for 5 years with the expectation that you change simply because you got married, you would be just fine with that?

It wasn't about the cat. It was about such a long ongoing lie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Woah. Pet over marriage? I must have missed that one. I love my pets but I love my dh a helluva lot more.
Glitter_Shart
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Lol he's physco? Haha, ok

Quoting ragdoll7777:

The guy LIED to her and totally changed his mind two weeks in, why would any man make anyone choose between them and a cat? Seriously, he sounds like a psycho. She's better off with her cat.

two4one
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Really, you had to start a new thread over this? Geez. If you are ok with a man who lies to you and expects you to get rid of a cherished pet, then more power to you. The rest of us however prefer to be treated with respect and honesty.

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

Lilith23
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM
6 moms liked this
I love my cat... Do not underestimate the power of the pussy, never underestimate it.
Glitter_Shart
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Lmao.... Oh lawd

How awful of him to dislike her cat!!! He should burn in hell!!!

Hahaha and no, this thread isn't about just that. It was the inspiration for this thread.

Quoting two4one:

Really, you had to start a new thread over this? Geez. If you are ok with a man who lies to you and expects you to get rid of a cherished pet, then more power to you. The rest of us however prefer to be treated with respect and honesty.

Glitter_Shart
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Well apparently I'm in the wrong for thinking that too.

Quoting Anonymous: Woah. Pet over marriage? I must have missed that one. I love my pets but I love my dh a helluva lot more.
ragdoll7777
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:35 PM

No, not physco, psycho and yes, he was with her for 5 yrs without even mentioning this to her, he's fucking nuts, a pet could be just or more than a friend to some people.

Quoting Glitter_Shart: Lol he's physco? Haha, ok
Quoting ragdoll7777:

two4one
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you thick? He LIED to her for 5 YEARS. Then expected her to get rid of something she loved. He is not worthy of being a husband. A good husband does not mislead you and then demand that you give up something important to you simply because they don't like it. Your definition of a healthy marraige is skewed.

Quoting Glitter_Shart: Lmao.... Oh lawd How awful of him to dislike her cat!!! He should burn in hell!!! Hahaha and no, this thread isn't about just that. It was the inspiration for this thread.
Quoting two4one:

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)