• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really??

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM
  • 17 Replies

UGH.... this is gonna go all sorts of wrong, but here goes:

I have a friend on FB. She's here in America. She recently got into a "relationship" with a much younger man in a different country! Supposedly, he's trying to get his visa to come here, and get a job, etc..... I don't buy it. She says she isn't stupid enough to send him money, but I could absolutely see her doing it. They haven't even met yet and her status is already changed to "married". Am i the only one that sees something wrong with this??

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:41 PM

BUMP!

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:43 PM

BUMP!

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Probably a catfish. I've seen those same "excuse" on Dr. Phil a few times. Is he in construction? lol many claim to be in construction i've noticed.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No idea, and I didn't get too far into it, because I would call her a fucking idiot

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Probably a catfish. I've seen those same "excuse" on Dr. Phil a few times. Is he in construction? lol many claim to be in construction i've noticed.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM

BUMP!

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM

No, there is definitely something wrong there. Unfortunately, she may have to learn her lesson the hard way. Women that fall for that crap often do.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Exctly what I think! I just feel so bad for the road she's going down......

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

No, there is definitely something wrong there. Unfortunately, she may have to learn her lesson the hard way. Women that fall for that crap often do.

ragdoll7777
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:49 PM

My ex MIL met some guy online that supposedly lived in France, he sweet talked her for a while and finally asked her for $ to do something...I forget what the excuse was, as soon as she said no, the dude started wigging out, it was all a scam, she was pretty hurt by it.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

And that's exactly hwo I see this going. Bad thing is, she doesn't have any to give, but she would find it....

Quoting ragdoll7777:

My ex MIL met some guy online that supposedly lived in France, he sweet talked her for a while and finally asked her for $ to do something...I forget what the excuse was, as soon as she said no, the dude started wigging out, it was all a scam, she was pretty hurt by it.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I know, and that makes you a really good friend. The best you can do, is be there for her when/if this blows up in her face....

Quoting Aslen:

Exctly what I think! I just feel so bad for the road she's going down......

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)