Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can not wear that!!!! Edited with what the Dress Code Says

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

So we just moved to a small town. I'm enrolling the kids into school and this guy comes up to me and my kids telling us they can not wear their shirts to school. I asked what do you mean and he reaches behind my son flips the tag out and it says Hot Topic. He says no clothing are allowed from Hot Topic period.

I ask who are you and who are you to tell my kids they can not wear certain clothing to school. The guy is the dean of the school. 

My jaw is hitting the floor at this point and I'm like what you check all tags on everyone to see where the clothing come from and he said yes. There is nothing in the handbook online nor in the one the front desk stating certain bran's or places were off limit.

I'm like that is bull shit and I asked for the superintendents # and I have a meeting with her on Monday. 

These are the shirts my kids had on. Tell me by looking at them what is wrong with them and would you know unless you were or have been into Hot Topic? An no these aren't my kids I just pulled the pics of Hot Topic website. My kids are 14 in coming Freshman and 16 in coming Sophomore.

Here is what the dress code says:

DRESS CODE

Students shall be dressed and groomed in a manner that is clean and neat and that will not be a health or 

safety hazard to themselves or others. The District prohibits any clothing or grooming that, in the 

principal’s judgment, may reasonably be expected to cause disruption of or interference with normal 

school operations.

The District prohibits pictures, emblems or writing on clothing that:

1. are lewd, offensive, vulgar or obscene and/or

2. advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs or any other substance prohibited 

under Policy FNCF (Local).

DRESS CODE cont.

clothing/accessories include, but are 

1. All tops must have sleeves. NO halter tops, strapless tops, tank tops, sleeveless shirts and 

spaghetti strap shirts or any other top which exposes undergarments, midriff or cleavage

2. NO lace or see-through tops.

3. NO cut-off shorts, biking shorts, tights, leggings, Jeggings, Yoga pants or pajamas

4. NO shorts, skirts or dresses which are more than the width of a dollar bill above the knee when 

standing 

5. NO pants with holes above the knee that show skin. (May only be covered with fabric.)

6. NO sunglasses, hats, caps, visors, bandannas, or any other head coverings (unless for religious 

reasons), combs or curlers at any time. This pertains to both BOYS and GIRLS. (any of these 

items confiscated at school may not be returned by the Assistant Principal for the rest of the current 

semester)

7. NO slippers, house shoes, or bare feet

8. NO clothing or accessories which are profane, vulgar, obscene, advertise or depict sex, tobacco 

products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, guns, weapons, violence other illegal substances, satanic, cult 

or gang activities

9. NO extreme hairstyles or colors as determined by administrators

10. NO exposed tattoos that are gang related or offensive as determined by administrative staff

11. NO Blankets

12. Pants are to be worn at or right below the waist and boys shirt tails must not fall below bottom 

of fingertips.

13. Trench coats/dusters are to be removed prior to entering the building.

If the principal determines that a student’s grooming violates the dress code, the student shall be given an 

opportunity to correct the problem at school. A student whose clothing violates the dress code shall 

be assigned to in-school suspension for either the remainder of the day or until a parent or 

designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to the school. Repeated offenses may result in 

more serious disciplinary action.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Um that guy is high. They cannot dictate brand of clothes unless they wear uniforms. ESP if there's nothing in the handbook
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Somehow my town is the only one in the world of CM where people aren't crazy. 

DomsMama07
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Say what?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:54 PM

No uniforms and very standard dress code. Other then this ass munch spewing what he was spewing.

Quoting nocalmegan: Um that guy is high. They cannot dictate brand of clothes unless they wear uniforms. ESP if there's nothing in the handbook

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My children's school has a dress code, I don't question it and go along with it. If the dean said that, I would say ok and would not feel the need to go higher on the chain. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Cut the tag off and tell them to prove its from there! Then tell him to kiss your ass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I feel like I'm living in Twilight Zone in this small ass town. Everything rolls up on Sunday and everyone counts down until foot ball season starts. Shit we were here 2 days and this random guy comes up to DH outside and asked if we had any kids in foot ball. DH said no, the guy said guess you all are queers then walked away. I keep asking DH why the fuck did we move here and he only says work love work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm ok with the dress code but for them to tell my kids they can't wear clothing from certain stores is bull shit. The shirts they had on could of came from KHols for all he knew but no he checked the tag.

Quoting Anonymous:

My children's school has a dress code, I don't question it and go along with it. If the dean said that, I would say ok and would not feel the need to go higher on the chain. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea i call bullshit, and id go as high as i could! Just cause you choose to kiss the schools ass dont expect everyone else to do the same

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh brother.  I would not do well there. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like I'm living in Twilight Zone in this small ass town. Everything rolls up on Sunday and everyone counts down until foot ball season starts. Shit we were here 2 days and this random guy comes up to DH outside and asked if we had any kids in foot ball. DH said no, the guy said guess you all are queers then walked away. I keep asking DH why the fuck did we move here and he only says work love work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)