• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How come men can get away with this but women can't?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

Just need to vent because I'm so frustrated.

Why is it that when my husband has a day off and "has" to stay home with the kids he thinks its okay to be lazy?   I come home to a dirty baby (he gave him a couple popsicles but didn't clean him up) wearing nothing but a poopy diaper (with dried poop inside).  The baby had also dragged out every toy he owns to the living room floor.  The two older boys had smuggled in a new "pet" turtle.  The oldest had missed his diving lesson because DH admitted to taking a two and a half hour nap.   The entire house is swimming in dirty dishes and pizza boxes because he didn't feel like taking 5 minutes to make PBJ and instead drove 5 minutes down the street to pick up LIttle Caesars.  The trash is overflowing, two of the three toilets had no toilet paper (really?  you can't just change the roll yourself?) and one was clogged.    The dog had pooped in the house because someone closed the doggy door and no one took him for a walk.   The laundry I had asked him to move to the dryer was still in the washer.  And yet he was "too tired" to help me grill up some chicken for dinner or clean up his mess. I'm tired.  I worked a nine hour day. I'm NOT THE MAID.

WTF????   On my days off I still manage to cart all three kids around to multiple events, feed them three non-take-out meals, make sure the baby is clothed, clean and gets a nap, keep the house clean and clean it, take out out the trash, get the laundry done, do the grocery shopping and oh, so much more....  but why is okay for him to not do any of that?    Why does he get to take naps and let the kids trash the house and be "fun dad".    UGGGGHHHHH.......  Why am I supposed to just be happy that he took the time to watch (or as the case was, not watch) HIS OWN KIDS instead of me having to arrange (and pay) a babysitter?

I suppose I should just be grateful that the kids are still alive.... ?????

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
DH has never done anything like that.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Yikes..

My husband wouldn't last as my husband if that's typical day off behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM
I would be beyond pissed
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM
I would be annoyed with that too. There's nothing wrong with getting a little crazy but he should have cleaned up after himself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Men can't get away with that. Your man apparently can. Put your foot down and tell him it's not ok to be a lazy slob.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

1.  Men only get away with that when women let them.
2.  If he isn't used to being with the kids, I can see how it could be overwhelming.  I'm a SAHM and I have days where I'm overwhelmed, so if I leave DH with the kids and some stuff is wrong when I get home I can understand.  However, I still hold him accountable.
3.  Some of that mess doesn't sound like it could have come from a single day. 

hautemama83
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Not men, your husband and because you let him. My dh has never, and would never be that lazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Wow. My DH takes care of DD and cleans when im gone...

I'm not sure that's normal male behavior for today's men. Maybe in 1950...
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Mine either.

Quoting Danesmommy1: DH has never done anything like that.
Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Men can not get away with that.

You allowed him to.

I always have my husband do a list while I'm gone, and it gets done. Plus, he would never allow the baby to sit a shitty diaper.

You picked a real winner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)