Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The school supplies are for my kid!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM
  • 72 Replies
2 moms liked this
But yours can share some too.

I went school supply shopping for my daughter today. She's going into kindergarten. I bought everything on her list, and some multiple items for everyone to share. I don't know if they use a community box or not, but I don't have a problem with my kid sharing. After going through my receipt I figured out that just the stuff on my daughter's list was between $40-50. I spent $80 total. And I still have to get her a backpack. I really understand those that may not be able to purchase all of this stuff for their kids.

If the teacher needs more supplies throughout the year I have no problem getting more.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM
4 moms liked this
Ok ... you have money and one kid. Good for you.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish all moms were willing to have their kid share supplies. I get tired of reading all the "I paid for special designs for my kid, they had better not have to share" posts/replies. There is a reason teachers ask for solid/plain items only, people!

I buy for 3 kids, money is sometimes tight, but I still have no problem w/ them sharing supplies. I know there are others who are worse off than we are.

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two kids, but only one going to school right now. And yeah, I have a little extra money right now. And I'll put into my budget to save a bit for needed supplies later on. But we're in no way rich.

Mainly, I totally understand how it is for people who struggle affording supplies for either one kid or multiple kids. And that I totally don't mind sharing school supplies.

Quoting unsuspected: Ok ... you have money and one kid. Good for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I am so glad my kids went to private school where we just paid a supply fee and they got everything they needed.  All the bitching and complaining about it is just so, so stupid.

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I got some folders with pictures of cute animals on them for her, but if they're not ok (teacher didn't specify) then I'll just keep those at home and send in plain folders. But most of everything else I got is easily shared.

Quoting wakymom:

I wish all moms were willing to have their kid share supplies. I get tired of reading all the "I paid for special designs for my kid, they had better not have to share" posts/replies. There is a reason teachers ask for solid/plain items only, people!

I buy for 3 kids, money is sometimes tight, but I still have no problem w/ them sharing supplies. I know there are others who are worse off than we are.

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I was just thinking that I'd rather have a supply fee instead of having to guess what items the teacher wanted them to have. But oh well, this is what we have.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so glad my kids went to private school where we just paid a supply fee and they got everything they needed.  All the bitching and complaining about it is just so, so stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM

It was so much easier.  I think it was $50 a year and I never bought so much as folder.

They didn't even need backpacks because all of their textbooks were web based.

Quoting Johariz: I was just thinking that I'd rather have a supply fee instead of having to guess what items the teacher wanted them to have. But oh well, this is what we have.
Quoting Anonymous:

Xat
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:21 PM
The shool my kids went to last year had all the supplies go into a community box but I don't think their new school does that. The lists aren't too bad but we always buy extra and keep at home and send more in the middle of the school year. I haven't been shopping yet I will probably go next weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Alright ... but while you're tooting your horn, remember there are moms who have 3 plus school aged kids, each with their own teachers' demands. Doubling their budget to share may be impossible

Quoting Johariz: I have two kids, but only one going to school right now. And yeah, I have a little extra money right now. And I'll put into my budget to save a bit for needed supplies later on. But we're in no way rich.

Mainly, I totally understand how it is for people who struggle affording supplies for either one kid or multiple kids. And that I totally don't mind sharing school supplies.

Quoting unsuspected: Ok ... you have money and one kid. Good for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)