• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my ds's teeth are terrible and the dentist wanted to metal cap thr top 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I feel so terrible. he is 3 yearold. However its not completely my fault. id been taking him to another dentist and they told me that he was cavity free and that the multiple spots and hole/dips were discoloration and just how his teeth look I come to this new dentist and they show me pictures and tell me they need to be capped.

ok but I don't want them capped they said they will try filling them with white filling....im in the waiting room freaking out that hes gonna come out here with four metal teething by accident. omg im scared.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chiefsfan91
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM
My friends ds is three and all of his teeth are rotted. They ALL have to be capped. :/ good luck !
eeksaboy
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:05 PM
My son has 4 capped teeth. His teeth came in without enamel. I love his smile :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I just feel stupid. like I knew when I took him to the other dentist that they were cavities but they kept saying that he had great teeth.

Quoting eeksaboy: My son has 4 capped teeth. His teeth came in without enamel. I love his smile :)
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:08 PM
My son chipped his front tooth. I'm really scared that he's going to get it capped. I refuse to get a metal cap though :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:09 PM
How does a 3 yr old get rotted teeth?

*aside from afore mentioned lack of enamel issue
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:11 PM

How is you not taking care of his teeth not your fault? You figured he didn't have cavities, so you could just slack off?

eeksaboy
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:11 PM
It does suck to get told everything is OK by someone who is supposed to know and ignore your own instincts, and then be right :( I'm really sorry

Quoting Anonymous: I just feel stupid. like I knew when I took him to the other dentist that they were cavities but they kept saying that he had great teeth.

Quoting eeksaboy: My son has 4 capped teeth. His teeth came in without enamel. I love his smile :)
Fairest1ofall
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I knew a kid with bad cavities who was adopted, the mom took excellent care but the dentist said the birth mother probably had a poor diet/ no prenatals. Don't know how true it is, but it seems possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM

OP never brushing them, and letting the kid suck on a bottle all night? I have no idea. That's some serious dental neglect. 

Quoting Anonymous: How does a 3 yr old get rotted teeth? *aside from afore mentioned lack of enamel issue

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM
they honestly came in with little holes. the pediatrician never said anything. hes seen a dentist since age 2 and they only told us his teeth looked great.

Quoting Anonymous: How does a 3 yr old get rotted teeth?

*aside from afore mentioned lack of enamel issue
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)