Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too the lazy "mom" at the park.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
So my son and I love our neighborhood park. We like to go pretty much every day, sometimes twice a day. Its a beautiful park with a nice playground and lots of picnic tables. Well the last three days that we've gone to the park there is been a young mother (maybe 18 or 19) with a two yr old boy and 6 yr old girl along with 2 older adults girls at the park. Our park has signs all over that there is no smoking... Yet these girls were sitting on the picnic table smoking one after the other. I have no problems with smokers, I am one. But I don't smoke in front of my own kids or any one else's, especially if it's a non smoking park... It's just respect. Also the mother just kinda left her kids and walked away to socialize with her friends. I sound like an over barring crazy mom but these kids were completely out of control! Two yr boy was either clinging on to my leg,biting my son or throwing bark and rocks while the other kids were on the swing and the little girl kept calling everyone bi$ches or as$hole and splitting on the other kids. The mother was about half a block away at the picnic table watching yet doing nothing but smoking and socializing.. There were two other families there with us. We were all pretty much shocked.. Finally myself and another mother confronted this young "mom" and her friends about their children's behavior towards the other kids. I asked her please watch her children more closely and to discipline them or take them home. She got so defensive and started to cry, she said she was a single mom on welfare just trying to make it and was doing the best she could... Blah blah blah!! I thought to myself, you're a single mom with all the free help you can handle... What's your problem? Free food, housing, child care , even money!! Yet you can't seem to do it?? It's still too hard?? Please Honey, I was a single mom on welfare too, been there done that and DID something about it. Went to school, got a job and saved my money.. It was hard, yes. But not impossible. Yet my son is not a little jerk, he's polite and is well behaved. Why? Because I got off my ass and played with him, I disciplined him when he got out of line and because I did my best model good behavior. Yes, he has it's moments like any child. No one is perfect. I understand this, but you are just lazy. If your too lazy to put in the effort,then You shouldn't be a mom! Too many families are unable to have kids and would love to adopt them and give the a better life. Sounds harsh but it's reality. Your children deserve better.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Title fail.
Osstie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Dis gon b gud
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Ehh
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Edit, edit, edit.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM
5 moms liked this

From now on, bring a squirt bottle of water, and spray them if they come near you and your kid.

hismommy2010
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM
If she was a block away, why was her smoking an issue?
rockgal81
by Steph on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Yeah right.

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What does being a single mom have anything to do with the kids behavior?? People can be such idiots...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM
9 moms liked this
Who thinks this OP was just looking for a platform for her rags to riches story? *raises hand*
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Paragraphs are our friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)