• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel bad for my niece.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
The fight happened a week ago, and since things have been calm on my end. I am still the blame for everything. Well I saw my niece today and she is still upset about the whole ordeal with the computer game, she got in trouble for inappropriate behaviour and her parents are checking up on her more which of course leads her to believe that they don't trust her anymore.
Well she is confused and hurt, there was rumor going around her school that my oldest dd caught wind of, and we asked my niece if it was true, she confessed to us that the rumor was true and she is bi (she is 11). Well near the end of the school year my niece started getting "sick" more often and didn't want to go to school anymore, so I told her mother what was going on thinking she could talk to her dd and comfort her, maybe let her know that she could talk to them if she has questions or concerns. Well apparently my sil yelled at my niece and told her that people like her are sick in the head, and they are wrong.....she told my niece that she is neither wrong nor sick in the head so she is NOT bi.....she completely shut my niece down. I can understand why they blame me, and its because their dd lied to them, she even told me she lied......she lied because her mother made it clear that she will not support her or help her.
like another poster stated, my niece is fucked, she needs to see a therapist and sil refuses to see that there is a problem.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM
That is so sad for your niece. She is at an age where she needs support. Her parents are jerks. Maybe you could be her support.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:04 PM
I did talk to her today, I hugged her a lot to.....but she needs someone who can help her, someone who will listen to her and help her work through those issues......I can be here to listen and offer my advice, and just talk to her...... I did suggest for her to talk to her mothers cousins.......the women is the one who supported her brother and the brother is the gay one.....they could probably help her more than I could.

Quoting MichelleJ1000: That is so sad for your niece. She is at an age where she needs support. Her parents are jerks. Maybe you could be her support.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM
I just wish my sil took the time to really listen and understand her dd and try to help her rather than dismiss her behaviour and feelings.

Quoting Anonymous: I did talk to her today, I hugged her a lot to.....but she needs someone who can help her, someone who will listen to her and help her work through those issues......I can be here to listen and offer my advice, and just talk to her...... I did suggest for her to talk to her mothers cousins.......the women is the one who supported her brother and the brother is the gay one.....they could probably help her more than I could.

Quoting MichelleJ1000: That is so sad for your niece. She is at an age where she needs support. Her parents are jerks. Maybe you could be her support.
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Maybe there are support groups in her area. Also try to see if there is a hotline she can call.

Quoting Anonymous: I did talk to her today, I hugged her a lot to.....but she needs someone who can help her, someone who will listen to her and help her work through those issues......I can be here to listen and offer my advice, and just talk to her...... I did suggest for her to talk to her mothers cousins.......the women is the one who supported her brother and the brother is the gay one.....they could probably help her more than I could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)