Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She expects us to take him to church on our weekends? Um, no.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My husband's ex has had some sort of religious reawakening. Their son is 5 and she recently started bringing him to church with her, which is obviously fine. The problem? She's started pestering us that when it's our weekend, we should have to bring him to church.

Firstly, neither my husband or I are religious at all. He's obviously too little to leave there alone, and I'm not spending my Sunday driving 40 minutes there, spending 2 hours there and 40 minutes back because she's decided she gets the sole say in his religious upbringing. DH has adamantly and simply said "no", and she hasn't dropped it.

She even discussed trying to go to court over it, lol. I guess her lawyer told her she was nuts, because she hasn't brought that up again. While she's talked about us "not caring about his soul and spirituality", I've kept having to bite my tongue asking where these Christian morals were when she cheated on my DH when they were together and when she lived with her fiancé before marriage, but whatever, lol.

Anyone else ever deal with a pushy/annoying ex wife?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I wouldn't take him to church either. Super religious people are insane. No, literally, I think they're insane.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM
I would hope she's taking him to church for the right reasons. Doesn't sound like it.

Just ignore.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I'd ask him. If he wanted to go, I would find somewhere to take him.

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Yeah the minute she doesn't get CS. I get a Facebook message. Is he work, where's my money. When I refuse to comment. She goes after his sisters. I stay out of it because it's between DH and her and he wants it that way
MadmanWithABox
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM
She's silly.
liquidtinkerbel
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM

If she constantly is bothering you, have your lawyer draft up something saying no phone call, texts or emails and start sending a notebook back and forth with important information regarding the child.

chopped headTeam Zombie! (former sn elrikandisis)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)