Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking About Christmas..........

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM
  • 25 Replies
The past 2 years have been financially difficult (to say the least). My kids Christmases have kind of sucked, with us scraping change for even 2 presents a piece. It's broken my heart! This year is going to be VERY different! I've been doing a 12 week unpaid extern-ship as a part of my school. I just found out that my extern site is going to hire me! I'll be making $9.50 an hour, after 10 years without an outside job, this is awesome! I'm already thinking about the presents we are going to be able by then this year! They are getting a new bike a piece, double park season passes to the 2 main amusement parks in our area, tickets to a Thunder game, and every single other thing I can think of between now and then! I know it's extravagant and probably ridiculous but I'm excited about it!
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I dislike Christmas time and I really dislike New York winters.

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM
I hope it gets better for you guys :)
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I'm sorry you don't like Christmas, I'm really excited about this one.

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM
That's exciting! I never get to go overboard for Christmas, being a single mom on $8.50/hr pay lol but maybe that will change soon :)
blinx
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Now im excited too! My dh and I have been poor for a while and the last few Christmases have been ok but with his new job... hello spoiled kids! They deserve it.
FoxFire363
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM
I'm guessing you live near me, lol. That's great about the job! I'm sure the kids will be really excited.
Kriskash25
by Kristina on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate christmas! Ugh don't remind me lol!
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I used to when I was a kid. Now as an adult, it's just awful. 

Quoting krazymom2boyz: I'm sorry you don't like Christmas, I'm really excited about this one.
Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Lol, I had to go back and remember how you could know where I lived. The Thunder tickets, of course!

Quoting FoxFire363: I'm guessing you live near me, lol. That's great about the job! I'm sure the kids will be really excited.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Congratulations on the job! Happy for you that you'll be able to enjoy Christmas this year instead of feeling down and stressing. Best wishes :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)