Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I pay about $200,000 a year for my kids to go to school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
It is a little higher than that using all the exact numbers so I rounded but that is about what we pay for tuition, fees, room/board, etc for the four of my kids.

I still have 2 more who are not yet in college so next year it will be more and the year after even more.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I guess that kind of expense comes with the territory when you have 4 kids going to school at the same time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations, my family of 5 could live on that for 10 years
caustinb
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:10 PM
That's why my children are spaced four years apart.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Eek. Makes me glad I don't have that many kids going to college.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Wow hope they take care of you when you are old since you are spoiling them! Wow I would feel guilty taking that help from my parents!
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:23 AM

More than I do. Better you than me.

I paid school fee's on Tuesday. $134K for five kids. Private school isn't cheap, and it always kills me handing over that cheque every year, and it's only going to get worse as they age and my youngest DD also starts school/youngest son going back to school in a classroom setting. I hate this part of my favorite time of the year.

Edit: Just saw that your kids are college age; mine are still little and have many years of schooling left. Perhaps it's better me than you after all. I don't think that is bad for college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Education is expensive.  We pay for private schools right now for three and then we will have college to pay for.  It is what it is.

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Post secondary education is expensive. You are investing in their future. My only hope for you, is that they (your kids) do well and go onto become whoever they want to be.

Our children's education will be paid for by us, however, we will expect them to earn a small income during the summer to use for nonessentials during the school year.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:28 AM
If i told you what my parents paid for 7 kids(private high school and university) you'd die lol
great for them and everything.
Hope they don't fuck up.
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:55 AM
That's what my bachelors degree cost. It's rough-- but mine was worth it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)