Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are YOUR plans with your husband life insurance policy if he god forbid passes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I will probably put 3 years rent on a decent apartment in Manhattan (live in the Bronx right now and hate it, not a good place for my babies) buy a actual reliable car for my babies and I.
And put the rest of it in savings (the remainder of the $175000) I will have to start working again but it will help so I don't have to work two or three jobs to support us.
What are your plans?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Pay off the house so we have a roof over our head while I get my shit together so I can try to live/move on without him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM
He has about a million dollars between what we have and what his work provides, so I guess I would pay off our home and not change much else.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Continue paying the bills like normal and live comfortably for a very long time. And until I finish school.
drowningmama
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Dump it in a high interest account.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly this.

Quoting CadillacCutie: Pay off the house so we have a roof over our head while I get my shit together so I can try to live/move on without him.

cybcm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Well, to begin with I would have a funeral to pay for, those things don't come cheap.

Then we will use it as we need it. I work, we have investments, we could survive without his income but that doesn't stop things from popping up.

winkyloafed
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Honestly, I would divide it all between our families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Save it to help with the kid's college and my retirement.

PollyPockette
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM

i thought no one had cars who lives in the NYC area?

i've never been, so i dunno.

to answer your question:

i would have bought a house, paid off cars/debt, and put college savings away.  then i would have invested the rest. 

BUT now im inheriting enough to take care of all of that, so I have no idea.  honestly.  maybe take a vacation and spead dhs ashes in a very superduper awesome place?

PollyPockette
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM

they really don't!  and the fancier you go, the more it is. 

Quoting cybcm:

Well, to begin with I would have a funeral to pay for, those things don't come cheap.Then we will use it as we need it. I work, we have investments, we could survive without his income but that doesn't stop things from popping up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)