Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is a surprise baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I'm not talking about if you had your tubes tied or were on very reliable bc. That would be a surprise. How can you be surprised you are pregnant if you were having unprotected sex, pullout method, or nfp? Im not being mean I'm really just curious. Do you think someone doing this who gets pregnant is actually trying most of the time?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mab05
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM
It's like most things. "I never thought it would happen to me" lol

We did it unprotected ONCE and I just HAPPENED to ovulate late that month.

It was the luck of the draw for that kid that's for sure.
CheesyKitty
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Well, "Surprise baby" is a much nicer term then "FUUUCCK, HOW STUPID COULD WE BE WTF IS WRONG WITH US?"

At least that's what I was told with my oops. I think the 2nd term is more appropriate but not socially acceptable to describe a baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:12 PM
I can always tell when I'm ovulating. Its weird. I get this constant ache in my ovary for one day. My mom got pregnant using a diaphragm and had me 9 months and 9 days after my sister. I guess I was a real surprise. :)

Quoting mab05: It's like most things. "I never thought it would happen to me" lol

We did it unprotected ONCE and I just HAPPENED to ovulate late that month.

It was the luck of the draw for that kid that's for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Haha yea I suppose you are right.

Quoting CheesyKitty: Well, "Surprise baby" is a much nicer term then "FUUUCCK, HOW STUPID COULD WE BE WTF IS WRONG WITH US?"

At least that's what I was told with my oops. I think the 2nd term is more appropriate but not socially acceptable to describe a baby.
almburr
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM
My suprise baby was finding out I was pregnant when I was five months along. We were not using any BC and wanted one more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Same way a car accident is a surprise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:14 PM
We had sex twice in an entire month. Neither time was near what should have been my ovulation days. So yes, I was extremely surprised!!
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:15 PM

All I know is I was an "oops" baby. I was born 10 years after my oldest sister. I am not sure what form of bc my parents were using or even if they were using any. My dad used to call me 'boose(caboose.)

Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I was told by Doctors that I would never conceive naturally again and did not for 8 entire years of marriage and then, bam..Micah came. So he was fully a surprise baby.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:15 PM

My oldest was a very welcome surprise, because DH and I had both been told, at various times in our lives, that we were unable to have children. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)