Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my niece calls me mommy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have basically raised my niece since she was 18 months old. Her mother is not meant to be a mom. She lived across town for a year of the time I had her and she didn't even visit her much. She now lives 2 hours away and her daughter could care less about her. She never wants to talk to her she loves the relationship I have with her. She calls my 2 boys her brothers. I love her with all my heart but can't stand my sister. When her mom does visit she calls me auntie but when she isn't around she calls me mommy. I love it and don't discourage it. She just doesn't want to upset her mother.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this
well you are technically "mommy".
TresHijas111825
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:26 PM
You ARE her mother.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Sounds like you are her mommy.
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:27 PM
How old is she?
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You are her mom.

Her egg donor doesn't deserve that title.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Her mother always tells me she isn't my daughter but she can't provide for her. It drives me crazy because my niece gets real upset after her mother visits. I want to go after custody but scared she will yank her away into poverty where she can't afford her or provide for her. Plus she and my oldest son are 9 months apart and best buddies

Quoting TresHijas111825: You ARE her mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM
She is 5 now

Quoting sarbear8508: How old is she?
TresHijas111825
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
😒 That would piss me off. Are you not her legal guardian? You should be!

Quoting Anonymous: Her mother always tells me she isn't my daughter but she can't provide for her. It drives me crazy because my niece gets real upset after her mother visits. I want to go after custody but scared she will yank her away into poverty where she can't afford her or provide for her. Plus she and my oldest son are 9 months apart and best buddies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM
So does my nephew. When his mom gets arrested and cant yank him away bc I piss her off im gonna go for custody and nail her ass! Im sick of her games fucking with his head.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Umm I would contact a lawyer. She has essentially abandoned her dd.

Quoting Anonymous: Her mother always tells me she isn't my daughter but she can't provide for her. It drives me crazy because my niece gets real upset after her mother visits. I want to go after custody but scared she will yank her away into poverty where she can't afford her or provide for her. Plus she and my oldest son are 9 months apart and best buddies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)