Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if I say she needs to come in, thats it!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM
  • 15 Replies
I took my three year old daughter to pick my sister up from church camo today, the church van was running late so we got out of the car and played on the playground at the church. We were there for about 45 minutes. I took my sister to my grandmas, because she was watching o0my two year old while we went. Well when I got there my cousins boys were there playing outside, soI told my daughter she could play for a few minutes with them. She was out there for about 20 minutes, then I told her she needed to come inside. My grandma asked why she needed to come in and I explained that she had already been outside at the church for a whild, and needed to come in and cool down (it was close to 100 degreees today outside) my grandmother said she would be ok to stay outside for a little while longer. I said no she needed to come inside because I'm her mother and she needs to come inside. Almost an hour in the super hot weather, the poor baby needed to come in amd drink some water and cool down. My geandma threw the biggest fit, made all the children come inside, and told me would "remember this" in the future. I told her that was good because she needed to remember that my daughter will do what I say she needs to do.
I seriously was trying my hardest to be respectful about the way I was talking to my grandmother, but she just didnt take the hint. How would you have handled the situation? I think as the mother she should respect what I say, its not like my child was in her care, I was there watching my own child.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovetoteachec
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell her off personally
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:44 PM
What?
finnbar
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Good for you. Pushy older women are SO annoying
mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Your grandma needs to learn about heat stroke .it can happen fast and then the effects can last a life time
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I dont mind most things but basically teaching my child that its ok to disobey me will not fly with me. I put a lot of energy into having a well behaved three year old, I would like to keep her that way,

Quoting finnbar: Good for you. Pushy older women are SO annoying
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Quoting cybcm: What?
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Not a risk I was goint to take with my kid.

Quoting mrsmoonbeam: Your grandma needs to learn about heat stroke .it can happen fast and then the effects can last a life time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM

You had her out in 100 degree weather for an hour, with no water?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:02 PM
I would have told her to get out there and run around for an hour or more with nothing to drink. See how she likes a heat stroke because they're definitely not fun. Scary as fuck actually.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)