Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Dr told me I had to stop nursing.****Edit!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:44 PM
  • 119 Replies
It really shocked me. Everything I've read says its totally safe.

My Dr had a fit and told me to stop right now! Said I'm high risk for preterm labor since I dilated 2 cm months before my baby was due and I was put on medicine to stop and prevent contractions and was put on bed rest.

I don't want to put my baby on formula. He's only 7 months old. And several people from my LLL have said many times its fine I'm kinda flabbergasted right now...

Sorry ladies my phone was nearly dead so I left it home while we grabbed some dinner.
I think I wasn't very clear on my complications. They were from my last pregnancy. Not my current one. The pregnancy with my now 7 month old held the complications and I did not take the medicine given to me because of the side effects. I did do light bed rest and he stayed put until nearly 40 weeks.
Although I was pregnant 6 months prior to grtti g pregnant with him and that ended in a miscarriage.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM
7 moms liked this
Your LLL does not know your medical situation. People from LLL are not qualified to give medical advice on preterm labor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Check with the breastfeeding group.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Get a second opinion.....
yo_ho
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM
6 moms liked this

Well, you need to stop contracting and nursing causes contractions. I don't understand why you are upset.

T-Rentsmommy06
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Nipple stimulation is a way to induce labor. However I have heard of women nursing while pregnant. Maybe it depends on if your body reacts to the nursing or not. Sounds like yours is. Look for donor milk if you don't want formula maybe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:50 PM

You have a 7 month old and are due in a few months? Whoa. Braver than I!

If you are dilated and contracting, nipple stimulation is probably not a great idea, right? That seems like common sense to me.

Dora1692
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I agree with this. But I also agree with another poster; if you aren't convinced then get a second opinion.

Quoting cybcm: Your LLL does not know your medical situation. People from LLL are not qualified to give medical advice on preterm labor.
P.e.b.b.l.e.s
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:51 PM
3 moms liked this

I think I would listen to my doctor before a LLL group or Google or another internet board.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Are you on pelvic rest? (no sex) Generally the rule is if you can have sex, you can breastfeed.

With your son being so young, you'll probably have to supplement eventually as your milk turns to colostrum again. You just won't have the volume to support an infant.

KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were me, and breastfeeding would potentially cause serious complications I would stop.

that is what I would do.

im currently nursing my almost 15 month old so I am pro breastfeeding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN