Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All you skinny b****es...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM
  • 151 Replies
1 mom liked this

need to help a fat girl out! As I look for how to change my lifestyle so that I can eat healthier and become more active I am bombarded with ADS. So I don't know which advice really works and which methods are just "lose weight fast" schemes to get my money. So please please help me become one of you!

1) What foods should I avoid?

2) Can I only drink water?

3) Does counting calories work? Or is it more portion control?

4) How much exercise a week for a beginner and how to find time when you have kids?

5) What are easy healthy foods to eat for lunch and dinner that don't require much cooking? (I'm a horrible cook)

6) How do you eat healthy on a budget?

7) How do you make healthy food TASTE good? What do you season with?

and

8) Do weight loss shakes work? Or is it better to have a real breakfast? Or a smoothie?

I'm 5'3 and 190 pounds looking to lose 50 pounds.

EDIT TO ADD: This post is about trying to get skinny and HEALTHY. I want to be healthier. In fact that is more important to me than the weight.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HipsterElephant
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this

bump like my fat roll

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Because fatties can't give healthy advice? PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm offended.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png

theTosh.O
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:51 PM

My advice is to be happy with what you are.

Brenna
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:51 PM

It's all about burning more calories than you take in.  Simple.

Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
I am going to the gym every morning and drink smoothies twice a day.

I cut out bread, coffee and alcohol.
HipsterElephant
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I'm fat and I could give healthy advice, but I'm looking for success stories. I need to know how skinny people eat so I can BE skinny. I already know how fat people eat, because I'm one of them. lol.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Because fatties can't give healthy advice? PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm offended.

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Try meth....I hear tell it makes people super skinny real fast.  Doesn't come cheap though............

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Off topic: Did you take the pic of your avi?  Because it looks like the elephant that graces the parades in my home county every year!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Start by taking what you eat now and splitting it between a breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Then make those portions smaller. In the early morning or evenings take a walk with the kids or ride bikes or go to the park and make relay races with your kids. Go swimming. I have been super skinny my whole life. I don't eat healthy persay I eat what I want which is usually crap comfort foods I just never eat huge meals I snack all day everyday so it keeps my metabolism at warp speed (not intentional but I've been this way since I was little) don't make any changes that you loath because that's the number one way people fall off the bandwagon. Start slow, one change at a time. Also really listen to your body when you are full you are full don't finish the plate simply because it's good and you don't want to waste it.
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I don't eat healthy. I'm the worst person to ask. I'm just naturally thin. It's heredity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN