• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommies from Upstate NY!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I'm looking to move, Some where near Rome/Utica. My sister suggested Holland Patent. I don't want to be in the country so much, more in the suburbs is what I'm aiming for. Has to be a good neighborhood and a good school district.. Any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Bump, I'm south of there
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM
I lived in Holland patent many years ago when the air force base was still there. It was a nice area then. Not sure about now. I live in Rochester now. But good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about the area. When my fiance gets leave again we're going to go check it out!

Quoting Aamy: I lived in Holland patent many years ago when the air force base was still there. It was a nice area then. Not sure about now. I live in Rochester now. But good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM

I am in the Schenectady ( Rotterdam area )so I am not sure about the areas you mentioned. But the part of Schenectady I am in is nice and the school isn't bad here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:39 PM

BUMP!

mayalove
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:40 PM
I grew up in Holland patent. Schools are pretty good. It's much better then Utica and rome. New Harford is a good area. Kind of expensive but nice.
mayalove
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Did you go to HP. I graduated there in 2000.

Quoting Aamy: I lived in Holland patent many years ago when the air force base was still there. It was a nice area then. Not sure about now. I live in Rochester now. But good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I'll have to check out New Harford! Thanks

Quoting mayalove: I grew up in Holland patent. Schools are pretty good. It's much better then Utica and rome. New Harford is a good area. Kind of expensive but nice.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Quoting mayalove: Did you go to HP. I graduated there in 2000.

I did. We moved away when i was in the 9th grade. I graduated in 97.

Come see us The TWiP Family !!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)