Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FAMILY SUCKS!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:03 PM
  • 332 Replies
11 moms liked this

Why do some people have to be jerks, especially family!

This child, my daughter, is not weak.  This is a photo of her heart breaking bc her daddy has is leaving us again for deployment, it is not a sign of weakness!  Crying is NOT a sign of weakness! Is my family the only family that believes crying is a sign of weakness?  I am still fighting that as that is how they taught me.

As you can guess someone informed my I needed to toughen my daughter up or get her some counseling if she cant suck it up for 9 months.  I swear only in my family and they make me want to SCREAM :(

Ok minor vent over.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:06 PM
50 moms liked this

Sounds like your family doesn't need to be around either of you when your are expressing heart felt emotions.  I can't even understand that.  Hugs to you both, and her daddy. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM
6 moms liked this
What? This can't be a real post. Someone said something to you about a 9 yr old crying?? I don't even care what the reason is. Girls can be very emotional.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM
16 moms liked this
That pic breaks my heart. ((Hugs))
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM
29 moms liked this
This is a beautiful heartbreaking photo of a daughter's love for her father.
Crying is not a sign of weakness, we sometimes cry to show the people we love how much we care.
She doesn't need to toughen up, she does not need people to tell her to stop crying.
Her father is her hero, and she's missing him and that's normal.
Love your daughter and be there for her because clearly those fucktards are not the ones who are going to lift her up.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM
4 moms liked this

This pic makes me want to cry.  No child should have to go without their parents for months at a time.  I would tell my family to shove it!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Crying is a normal release of emotions. Your family is nuts and I would just ignore them, to be blunt. 

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM

My parents seemed to have learned since my mom has been suffering some major health issues.  My sister though, not so much.  We dont speak, haven't in years.  My mother shared this photo of my DD & my sister made her freaking crazy ass comments.  Sucks bc last time I was in town was the first time we had spoken in years & I thought maybe just maybe we can build a relationship.  Screw that, some things never change :(

I keep most of my family at a distance bc of this, I only started talking to my parents about 2yrs ago.  Well our last deployment bc of my health scares.  It was the first time in a long time my mother acted like a mother!

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman:

Sounds like your family doesn't need to be around either of you when your are expressing heart felt emotions.  I can't even understand that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Everyone cries when a solider leaves or returns.

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
8 moms liked this
Tell your daughter that I thanked her for her service. Thank you as well. Of course thank your husband.

Tell the rest of your family to fuck off. She is much stronger than most.
Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
6 moms liked this
Tears are a way to ease pain off the heart. Necessary, cathartic.

I don't care how old you are or what your gender is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN