Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I could tell him...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
To have the boys (7,6) start going to bed a little bit early.

But, if I do, I'll be accused of micromanaging and negativity.

Man, the kids are on the west coast with a three hour time difference and they're currently staying up til 11-12P his time. That means, a week before school starts I'll have to get them out of staying up until 2-3P our time to 8-9P.

Is it really that terrible of a request?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1plustwinsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Not a terrible request. But I doubt it will happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Its just be easier on the kids, you know?

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy: Not a terrible request. But I doubt it will happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Seriously? Let them live it up with dad for the little bit of time they're there. You'll have the whole week to get them to readjust. I have one night and we're fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
But, they have to come back and readjust to school. I'm not saying they need to go to bed early every night but the last week, if he could get them to bed at 9-10, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure the kids would transition easier.

Quoting Anonymous: Seriously? Let them live it up with dad for the little bit of time they're there. You'll have the whole week to get them to readjust. I have one night and we're fine.
PoisonEyeV
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:18 PM

It's not an awful request but just let them be...it's not that hard to adjust once they are back home.

1plustwinsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Agree, but from what I've seen on cm most exes don't listen to reason. It is too sensible. You'll just have to start sleep boot camp when they return. gl

Quoting Anonymous: Its just be easier on the kids, you know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Hon, you'll have a whole week. Like I said, we have one night and it's still fine. BM returns sd day before labor day every year. School always starts the day after labor day here.

Quoting Anonymous: But, they have to come back and readjust to school. I'm not saying they need to go to bed early every night but the last week, if he could get them to bed at 9-10, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure the kids would transition easier.

Quoting Anonymous: Seriously? Let them live it up with dad for the little bit of time they're there. You'll have the whole week to get them to readjust. I have one night and we're fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM
It'll be fine, you're right. It always is. It would be so nice to have a mutual respect for each other that opinions did matter.

Quoting Anonymous: Hon, you'll have a whole week. Like I said, we have one night and it's still fine. BM returns sd day before labor day every year. School always starts the day after labor day here.
Quoting Anonymous: But, they have to come back and readjust to school. I'm not saying they need to go to bed early every night but the last week, if he could get them to bed at 9-10, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure the kids would transition easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Maybe lose an hour every night?

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy: Agree, but from what I've seen on cm most exes don't listen to reason. It is too sensible. You'll just have to start sleep boot camp when they return. gl

Quoting Anonymous: Its just be easier on the kids, you know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM
So mutual respect means he says ok, I'll send them to bed when you want? Why can't mutual respect mean, I have a whole week to let them readjust, and they don't get very much time with their dad so I'm going to let that be the priority?

Quoting Anonymous: It'll be fine, you're right. It always is. It would be so nice to have a mutual respect for each other that opinions did matter.

Quoting Anonymous: Hon, you'll have a whole week. Like I said, we have one night and it's still fine. BM returns sd day before labor day every year. School always starts the day after labor day here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)