Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's with the abortion bragging?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am pro life. But I get it, pro choicers say "no one wants an abortion" it's just the best choice for them" they want to make abortion safe legal and RARE. Then we hear about this woman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10814223/Emily-Letts-abortion-video-even-pro-choicers-are-appalled.html

Proud and bragging about it? And moms on here? Why brag about it? If you are looking for advice, that's one thing. If you are determined to have an abortion no matter what, why tell us?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:11 PM
6 moms liked this
You come out swinging newbie, lol.
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Brave soul newbie. Margaritas anyone? Yum!

Say yes to tacos!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Because they need justification from others
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:14 PM

It's that in your face feminism that so many practice. They hit you with it over and over and over again until you just don't fucking care anymore.

Cass84
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just truly don't understand it. And if it's not controversial, it's boring! Lol!

Quoting Danesmommy1: You come out swinging newbie, lol.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Maybe Trouser will bring us all sopapillas!

Quoting sfigu16: Brave soul newbie. Margaritas anyone? Yum!

Say yes to tacos!!!!!
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Hm hmm
Lilith23
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
9 moms liked this
If you are against abortion and try to give me other choices it's fine.
If you are pro-life and respect the fact that i am not, that's fine.
If you can't understand it and tell me I'm a murderer and i am a horrible person and i should never have anymore children.... That's not lovely.
She filmed it to let other women out there understand that sometimes it can be a positive thing(shocker right?!).
Some women are ashamed and scared and humiliated.
She is allowed to show them that it is alright, that in the end it may be the best decision.
You may not see it in that way, but many do.
It's not bragging, why is it allowed to show the women who decided to keep their baby and give positive stories, but it's horrible for a woman to say " i had an abortion and it was the best decision i ever made at the time.".
IDGAF-
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM

You can't control how other people view THEIR abortion. I don't think it's something to be ashamed of and I rarely hear bragging.

Cass84
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's just the tone of the video is weirdly upbeat. She actually says yay!! Afterwards. She also is "amazed by her ability to create a life" ( her words) just to destroy it? Then she is smiling the whole time during the procedure.
I get that many women feel relief, but she is just giddy. It's disturbing.

Quoting Lilith23: If you are against abortion and try to give me other choices it's fine.
If you are pro-life and respect the fact that i am not, that's fine.
If you can't understand it and tell me I'm a murderer and i am a horrible person and i should never have anymore children.... That's not lovely.
She filmed it to let other women out there understand that sometimes it can be a positive thing(shocker right?!).
Some women are ashamed and scared and humiliated.
She is allowed to show them that it is alright, that in the end it may be the best decision.
You may not see it in that way, but many do.
It's not bragging, why is it allowed to show the women who decided to keep their baby and give positive stories, but it's horrible for a woman to say " i had an abortion and it was the best decision i ever made at the time.".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)