Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Done with DH tonight

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
  • 51 Replies

He got pissed at DS because DS was walking on a curb like kids do and doing the balancing thing with his arms, DH wasn't paying attention and he walks right into DS's arm and drops the bag of chips he's carrying.

DH then proceeds to yell at DS in the parking lot and make our family look trashy as fuck in front of the entire lot.  

At this point he can go fuck himself.  I'm sick of him getting pissed about stupid shit and taking it out on DS.  And me.  I'm done.

So if you have any good divorce advice, please, advise away.  I'm sick of his shit and I don't deserve this and neither does DS.  The only time I get pissed at DH is when he yells at DS, I would never yell at him over something stupid like dropping my chips.

That and I've asked him a thousand times to prioritize us over his fucking video games, and he continues to come home every night and play video games all fucking night long while ignoring us completely.  

So I'm done.  Fuck him.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this
That escalated quickly
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
That went from 0-divorce in under 60 seconds!

Sit down and tell him that it's the video games or you and DS. You shouldn't have to put up with that. Be prepared for the answer and have a plan.

Good luck.
shilohkitten
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM

It always does with DH.  He goes 0-60 in a minute.  30 seconds before we walked into the parking lot, he was smiling and telling the cashier to have a good weekend.

DS is going to hate him when he grows up, and I'm starting to.

Quoting incogNinja: That escalated quickly

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Hmmm. Have you tried talking to him?

mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM
That's sad I'm sorry. I haven't been through a divorce so I have no advice good luck bump
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:26 PM
You sound very resentful. You two need to have s heart to heart. Maybe express your feelings to a counselor. They can help mediate your discussion and maybe make it more productive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I completely know how you feel. It's humiliating especially when people are watching.
Is it his bio son?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I don't have any advice, sorry, but I will say that I'm very tired of seeing people defend parents who verbally abuse and terrorize their children over the most ridiculous crap imaginable.  You've talked to him, he doesn't give a shit, time to go.

shilohkitten
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Background would be good I guess.

I didn't even know DH played video games until we moved in together.  We had been dating 6 mos and he never brought it up.  The second we moved in together (4 years ago), the video games started every spare minute he had.  

So this has been going on for years.  

Also he pretty much stopped having sex with me when we bought this house, 4 years ago.  So it's maybe once every 2 weeks, probably not though.  We weren't even married yet, so that's fun.  

And he and I have had the "video games or us" conversation 100x.  My request has always been the same:  No video games until DS goes to bed, and then he can do whatever he wants.  I have always asked him to spend time with DS and I when we all get home, because I miss him during the day and so does DS.  

DS and I always spend time together when we eat meals, and I have to beg DH to eat with us.  Breakfast, lunch, dinner, everything.  DH will skip all meals on the weekend in order to play video games, so DS and I just eat together.

After 4 years of being ignored, I'm tired of being ignored.  and DS deserves better from the person who is supposed to be his dad.  

I should add, I'm not fat and ugly.  I get smiles all the time from guys walking by in the skyway.  The guys I work with stop by my cube to chat on a daily basis (not about work stuff).  I catch guys looking at me when I'm sitting in traffic and they're in the car next to me.   DH has a catch.

I can't understand why DH is like this.  But after wasting 5 years on my ex-H who turned out to be a loser, and almost 5 years on DH who is turning out to be a different kind of loser, I'm done.

Quoting MichLW69: That went from 0-divorce in under 60 seconds! Sit down and tell him that it's the video games or you and DS. You shouldn't have to put up with that. Be prepared for the answer and have a plan. Good luck.

shilohkitten
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM

My thoughts exactly.  I defend DS to him every time but it has occurred to me that DS shouldn't grow up watching his mom defend him all the time.  He shouldn't have to.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have any advice, sorry, but I will say that I'm very tired of seeing people defend parents who verbally abuse and terrorize their children over the most ridiculous crap imaginable.  You've talked to him, he doesn't give a shit, time to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)