Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husband Job is pissing me off. Am I being selfish?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

For the past month I have been forced to reschedule doctor appointments and interviews. I had a really great opportunity for a overnight position at a broadcasting station as a board operator. I am a SAHM. Lately our financies have been struggling. Suprise bills have overwhelm us. My husband wants to be super man and take care of it himself. He dont want me to worry. I respect that about him. I tried to tell him we are a team and I am here to strengthen our family to the best of my ability. We have decided not to put our little ones in daycare. I recently recieved a phone call for an interview at Clear Channel Radio. I was so excited. I have been out of the field for 3 years. I did tell my Husband about the interview. The day off the interview he tells me his job has ordered him to attend a training session that is mandatory. Short notice. I was so pissed. I'm tired of putting myself behind everything. Of coarse I put my kids first as well as my husband. But for fucking sakes let me get this one hour. I dont ask for much. I told him I'm going to this interview. I called several family members asking for babysitters. He suggest I reschedule. I stated that sounds so unprofessional. Its his day off. I scheduled the interview on his day off for a fucking reason. The training is only three hours but during the time I have my interview. So now I'm in a tight jam. NO babysitter. His job says its mandatory. I feel like i'm last in my life. What should I do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:32 PM

bump

Texasladybug84
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Are their drop in daycare centers? No you def should go. Bring him with you if you have to,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Unfortunately he is the one working now and sometimes things like training come up quickly with no notice. Its not his fault that this is when the mandatory training was scheduled. You may be better off lining up a back up babysitter to avoid situations like these in the future.
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Keep searching for a babysitter. Your anger is misplaced, it's not his fault. If it really is a mandatory training for a job he really needs then it just one of those things. I get your frustration. Hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't bring a child to a job interview and expect an employee to take you seriously. Its looks to them that you didn't plan well or you aren't reliable. Better she try to reschedule.

Quoting Texasladybug84: Are their drop in daycare centers? No you def should go. Bring him with you if you have to,
oryxx31
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM
How old are your kids? Could they entertain themselves in the lobby or something?
Also, if you go to church they may be able to put you in touch with some reliable teens looking to make a little money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like he doesn't want you to work.
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Are you sure he didn't lie to you about this "mandatory training" that sprung up out of the blue and just HAPPENED to be on the same day as your interview, at the EXACT time it takes place?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM

2 and 1. I dont want to just give my kids to strangers that I never met.

Quoting oryxx31: How old are your kids? Could they entertain themselves in the lobby or something? Also, if you go to church they may be able to put you in touch with some reliable teens looking to make a little money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I believe him. Why would he lie?

Quoting AngryBob: Are you sure he didn't lie to you about this "mandatory training" that sprung up out of the blue and just HAPPENED to be on the same day as your interview, at the EXACT time it takes place?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN