Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

and he got bit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My brothers dog that lives at my parents house just bit Ds. They called and told me he got scratched. Its a bite, red swollen and bruised. He's had his dtap shot up to date so do I need to bring him to urgent care? Its on his leg/butt, I guess Ds and brother were fighting over a hose so the dog bit Ds (Ds is 6 and my brother is 25) but my mother says just see it in am
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Call and talk to a nurse and see what they say maybe? I'm not 100% positive but I'd be pissed at your brother for lying...IFFF in fact it's a bite & not a scratch.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Him, my mom and my sister lied. You can see the puncture hole, its deff teeth marks

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Call and talk to a nurse and see what they say maybe? I'm not 100% positive but I'd be pissed at your brother for lying...IFFF in fact it's a bite & not a scratch.

PoisonEyeV
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM

What a shame. I'd be so upset.

Quoting Anonymous: Him, my mom and my sister lied. You can see the puncture hole, its deff teeth marks
Quoting PoisonEyeV:

skrbelly
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yikes, I would take him to the ER. Lying about a baby being bit by your dog? Unacceptable. I hope he doesn't have to go back there. Once a dog bites someone familiar, it's common for the dog to repeat the behavior. Your brother could be abusive to your son. I would suggest that you never bring him there again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Even with DTaP, they may want him on antibiotics.  Yes, I would take him in to have it cleaned out and looked at.

NightLock
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

That would piss me off!

Being told it's only a scratch, when it's in fact a bite that's now bruising.

I personally would take him to be seen by professionals, just to be safe.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Better to be paranoid than dead.

Sorry about your little one.

belindah
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I would make sure the dog is current with his shots, and would definitely be talking to someone in the family about honesty, and proper care for a child.

Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I'd clean it and just take him to the dr in the morning. Claw marks can look like that. My babysitter killed my dog bcuz SHE was being an idiot and jumping in the middle of a dog fight with a belt to seperate them. She SWORE he bit her but I was there and all he did was jump on her back there were two perfect claw marks on either shoulder. He was a wolf mix. They were deep and bruised but it was his claws that did it

I wouldn't be too mad. The dog was being protective of his owner. My dog would do the same to anyone he thought was hurting my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
My mom admitted it was a bite. I'm not blaming the dog I'm blaming my brother. The place it is on his leg the dog couldn't have scratched him. His Dr just said Neosporin and watch for pus or red streaks.

sorry about your dog :(

Quoting Young_Mommy89: I'd clean it and just take him to the dr in the morning. Claw marks can look like that. My babysitter killed my dog bcuz SHE was being an idiot and jumping in the middle of a dog fight with a belt to seperate them. She SWORE he bit her but I was there and all he did was jump on her back there were two perfect claw marks on either shoulder. He was a wolf mix. They were deep and bruised but it was his claws that did it

I wouldn't be too mad. The dog was being protective of his owner. My dog would do the same to anyone he thought was hurting my kids.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Do you have a pic of the mark? It actually could be a scratch. My dogs have dug their demon claws into my skin and left punctures. It still would need disinfected ASAP -probably moreso than a bite, dog feet are gross-. What does your son say happened? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)