Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm probably going to get bashed like crazy for this... ...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 14 Replies
My son's lizard just bit my niece on the nose. He, apparently, lost his mind for a moment and poked her nose with the lizards nose. The lizard reacted the way you would expect and bit her nose. It's only a little leopard gecko, so it's not a bad bite at all. His cousins nose is fine she just has a round of bloody pin pricks on the tip of her nose! He is grounded from his lizards until he can remember how to treat them with respect. She is not upset, but I am! He knows better, he's almost always really good with them! He just forgot to use his brain, I guess. Ugh :(
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
What part of that are you expecting to get bashed for?
alt075
by Peace ❤ on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Well I really don't see why you would get bashed. You disciplined your son for his bad choice. How old is your son?
DonnasMommy16
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
The part where she's being a mom. You can't be one with some other women on CM.

Quoting Anonymous: What part of that are you expecting to get bashed for?
Corkie-
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Lol I'm sorry but that's funny.
casah4
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Time to call Animal Control and have the lizard put down!  ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I probably would've disciplined him the same way.  I'm glad she's ok and not upset. My sister had the same kind of geckos and they never bit anyone bc she didn't act crazy with them.  I liked them and wanted to get some but never did.  

fitegirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I don't see why you should be bashed. Sounds like you handled the situation well.
littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I have had a lizard for over a year and never knew they bit.  I know he does not like to be touched or picked up.  Whenever I have to clean out the cage, my dd has a hard time getting him out because he does not want to be touched and bounces all over the cage.  He has never bit us though.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Clearly, you're a horrible mom, whose kids should be taken away and never given back.

Or, you're a normal mom, whose kids do crap we wish they didn't, but it happens.
ShutUpImTalking
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

How easy are those guys to take care of? My 5 year old DD wants a lizard really badly for some strange reason and we're thinking of getting her a leopard gecko. I want a bearded dragon but my husband says no way :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)