• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why try??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Im almost 20 and trying to get into a nursing program. It requires an entrance exam consiting of math,vocabulary,reading comprehenaion,and grammar. I suck at math and grammar. To pass i have to get a 70 on the math and a 70% on the overall reading part. Just studying has me ready to break down. Ive only been graduated a year too! Im a single.mom,a horrible one at that. Im a shitty housekeeper and significant other. I have a shit job and barely make ends meet. I hate my life yet everyday i fake a smile,fake happiness. I act like I actually like myself.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Lilith23
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Well, you might want to clean up your act before considering entering something you suck at....
Maybe find something else you are good at, or take math classes.
Improve yourself, maybe, ya know, be a better mother, read "cleaning for losers", that might help.
Yeah, we can't all be awesome right?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM

You have so many things in your mind/heart you can resolve before you can be effective at a job like nursing. The things they test you in are used for medical documents every day and for math that is knowing dosages and such for whomever you are caring for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Im seriously not good at anything. I fail at life and I pity my son and SO..

Quoting Lilith23: Well, you might want to clean up your act before considering entering something you suck at....
Improve yourself, maybe, ya know, be a better mother, read "cleaning for losers", that might help.
Lilith23
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You know, life is tough.
You need to stop the pity party and find something you are good at.
Its hard, and i get it, you feel like shit but you need to tell yourself that this is not the woman you want to be.
Tell me,seriously, tell me what you like doing? What are you good at?

Quoting Anonymous: Im seriously not good at anything. I fail at life and I pity my son and SO..

Quoting Lilith23: Well, you might want to clean up your act before considering entering something you suck at....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but if the required math classes aren't your strong suit then nursing really isn't for you. Reading comprehension is also an important part of the job. 
What are your strengths? Find a career that's more in line with them.  

skittlefart
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM

You sound like me :) you wanna ever pm to talk you can, I'll hold no judgements.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Im being dead serious when i say im not good at anything. I suck at math,have no imagination. All i do is read or watch tv. I dont have hobbies.

Quoting Lilith23: You know, life is tough.
You need to stop the pity party and find something you are good at.
Its hard, and i get it, you feel like shit but you need to tell yourself that this is not the woman you want to be.
Tell me,seriously, tell me what you like doing? What are you good at?

Quoting Anonymous: Im seriously not good at anything. I fail at life and I pity my son and SO..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM
With time and repition itll becpme easirr i know but i have to pass this test to get in.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but if the required math classes aren't your strong suit then nursing really isn't for you. Reading comprehension is also an important part of the job. What are your strengths? Find a career that's more in line with them.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Thanks.

Quoting skittlefart:

You sound like me :) you wanna ever pm to talk you can, I'll hold no judgements.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)