• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dying hair while pregnant...yay or nay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My sister wants me to dye my hair for her wedding. Normal I'd be all for a new hair color... I change it pretty much on a regular basis anyway.

My only problem is that I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Last I heard it was a big no no while pregnant. Is that still a thing?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rvb146
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM
As far as I know it's not okay. I don't know if it's changed or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I bleached mine and then dyed it bright orange at four or five months. We were fine. 

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
I just tried to lol
I'm 36 weeks. My doc says it's fine, providing you're in a well ventilated area.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Yes, you can dye your hair. Just ventilate properly and you're fine.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
You can call your salon and see if they have pregnancy safe dyes; they do exist. I dyed my hair about mid pregnancy, is was one with no smell or harsh chemicals, but I can't remember the brand.
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I sure did. 

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I think there is evidence that goes both ways in regards to safety.  I would personally skip it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
I don't see what the big deal is as long as I don't lock myself in the bathroom with all the fumes but my mom and DH are freaking out about it. I don't see how anything but the fumes could effect the baby...

Quoting Sister_Someone:

I bleached mine and then dyed it bright orange at four or five months. We were fine. 

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Exactly. If you're in a well ventilated room, you'll be fine. Go for it.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't see what the big deal is as long as I don't lock myself in the bathroom with all the fumes but my mom and DH are freaking out about it. I don't see how anything but the fumes could effect the baby...
Quoting Sister_Someone:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Lol that's what I figured, I wasn't planning on locking myself in the bathroom with all the fumes. I figured I would make my sister help me while we are outside. But my DH and my mom are flipping shit at me for even thinking about it

Quoting BrutalTruth: I just tried to lol
I'm 36 weeks. My doc says it's fine, providing you're in a well ventilated area.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)