Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christians....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

Are you a Christian? If not, what do you believe?

Christians, what about the religion made it real for you? Is it something you found yourself? Is it something you were brought up to believe in?

Non-Christians, what about the religion made it something that you couldn't believe in? Were you raised Christian? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I'm not a Christian, but I believe in the God of the Bible, and Jesus. I just don't follow Christ right now. I don't believe the same things the church says I should believe, so I'm struggling.

strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I was christian for more than 90% of my life before i finally accepted that it wasnt right for me. I cant really put my finger on what it was that made it not right for me, it just wasnt. It just never fit.

I consider myself agnostic.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I was raised a Christian, did not do anything for my black soul.
I just never believed, i always sat there like " are they serious?!".
So i do not believe in anything.
Dh is a Christian, he finds peace and guidance in his religion and i think that's lovely.
pce68
by Patti on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Just because you don't believe in everything the church says doesn't mean you aren't a Christian. If you believe in Jesus and the Bible, then you are a Christian, regardless of what anyone else tells you.

Quoting casah4:

I'm not a Christian, but I believe in the God of the Bible, and Jesus. I just don't follow Christ right now. I don't believe the same things the church says I should believe, so I'm struggling.

casah4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Well, Christian means Christ follower. I believe he existed, I just don't follow him or accept his salvation.

Quoting pce68:

Just because you don't believe in everything the church says doesn't mean you aren't a Christian. If you believe in Jesus and the Bible, then you are a Christian, regardless of what anyone else tells you.

Quoting casah4:

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:51 PM
6 moms liked this

Seriously?  All of the bible is plagerized or outright stolen from other cultures.  

pce68
by Patti on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, if you don't accept his salvation, that's different, but if you believe and just don't agree with what the church preaches, that's different. Going to church and agreeing with what a church preaches are not required for being a Christian.

Quoting casah4:

Well, Christian means Christ follower. I believe he existed, I just don't follow him or accept his salvation.

Quoting pce68:

Quoting casah4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM
What I believe is very close to that which liberal quakers(not to be confused with any other type of quaker) believe. Since there are no services around here for this belief system, I do not attend anywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I am a proud Catholic Christian. Born and raised, but I have also studied and questioned. Do I believe everything the Church says or does is correct? No because it is run by sinful humans. But I do believe in its core tenants and belief statements such as those found in the Apostle's Creed.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM
No. I'm pagan. Lots of things turned me off from Christianity, to name a couple, I studied the history of the religion in depth and read the entire Bible (along with the works of scholars and apologists). Yes, I was raised Christian, in VBC every year and youth group and the whole nine yards.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN