Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

get a job you lazy pos

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Everytime someone make a post or a vent about financial issues and the mom is told to either get a job if she is a sahm or get a better job if she works.

I know that is what most think is the answer to everything but in reality it isn't away the answer.

Everyone lives different lives and everyone has different responsibilities. Sometimes mom working more or working at all isn't possible. It would be wonderful if it was always possible but it isn't.

Why not give good actual advice or just back out if you want to be a bitch.

you will never understand someone elses life until you live it. Stop judging and be supportive.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maminka-4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
I would try selling some household stuff and going thru the budget and seeing what we could do w/o before trying for a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
I absolutely hate that response too. I work my butt off and really odd hours. I make ok money for the area, but it's still not a livable wage. We got dealt a really shitty hand a few years ago and it just keeps getting worse. I'm doing the absolute best I can, so don't tell me I'm not.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:45 PM

No, many times (most?) getting a job, or a better job, or a 2nd job IS the best advice.  It kills me when women complain about finances, then refuse to get a job because they won't put their kids in daycare.  You do what you gotta do - and yes, many times those are NOT good choices.

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM
I have a full-time job, my husband has a full-time job, my kids have never been in daycare and aren't babysit. It is possible. ☺

Quoting Not_A_Native:

No, many times (most?) getting a job, or a better job, or a 2nd job IS the best advice.  It kills me when women complain about finances, then refuse to get a job because they won't put their kids in daycare.  You do what you gotta do - and yes, many times those are NOT good choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
BM doesn't have a job, but does have some felony charges sitting on her right now.

You're right, I don’t have to understand her life. I don't want to. But I don't have to understand her life to know her choices suck.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:50 PM
If i didn't have a job and needed the money, I'd love for others to give me ideas on how to get a job and how to make money.
I wouldn't want a pity party, is it going to pay my bills?
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Well written sugarmelon.

Quoting Anonymous: BM doesn't have a job, but does have some felony charges sitting on her right now.

You're right, I don’t have to understand her life. I don't want to. But I don't have to understand her life to know her choices suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Telling someone to get a job when they need financial help is advice,  don't get pissed and butt hurt that you don't like the advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha! I like the name sugarmelon! If I ever change my screenname, that's what it will be!

Not that it probably matters because I only post anon. But thanks :)

Quoting Lilith23: Well written sugarmelon.

Quoting Anonymous: BM doesn't have a job, but does have some felony charges sitting on her right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM
That's another thing most think that child care is the only reason. Most jump to that conclusion. When there are many reasons why someone can't get a job sometimes it is others combined with that one and sometimes it isn't child care at all.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN