• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we're getting sued???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM
  • 46 Replies
Honestly not sure. My dh was I involved in an accident 6 weeks ago. Basically a person stopped for no reason and a woman slammed into him. There was good damage to her car and somewhat to his. Dh was third and bumped her car. There were two like door dings on her bumper from our plate. At the time everyone said they were fine and the woman said it was her fault, she slammed into the first person. This was also stated in the police record. Well our insurance company tells us today that the first guy is going after us for medical injuries. Why??? We didn't hit him and the damage is clear where the brunt of the accident was which was between cars 1&2. Its even in the report. So I get the name from my insurance of the law office who sent the letter. Confusion is the number provided didn't work. Now if I google the law office it exists but odder is when I called to find out which attorney was handling the case they said they had no record of the plaintiff. Give it a few days maybe it hadn't hit the system. ??? Letters are getting sent to my insurance but its not in the system? Does this seem odd to anyone else?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Doesn't your insurance handle this? 

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Yeah it does...I wouldn't worry until your actually physically served with papers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:26 PM

well obviously the insurance company will scope out the situation as they do not cater to fraud and want to avoid a payout at all costs... let them investigate and keep tabs day to day so you're in the loop.

sounds fraudulent to me

Missdameanor
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Sounds like a scare tactic
momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Yes, but it impacts us so I want to know what is going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't your insurance handle this? 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
They aren't suing you, they are going after your insurance company. That's why we have insurance, so we don't get sued.
momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:28 PM
We were advised to dispute it which is why I wanted to talk to the law office to begin with. I don't think we should pay anything and I would fight it.

Quoting Anonymous:

well obviously the insurance company will scope out the situation as they do not cater to fraud and want to avoid a payout at all costs... let them investigate and keep tabs day to day so you're in the loop.

sounds fraudulent to me

momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM
True, but a pay out would jack our insurance up. Seems simple but I'm not sure why we would be the ones to go after.

Quoting quickbooksworm: They aren't suing you, they are going after your insurance company. That's why we have insurance, so we don't get sued.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Am I the only one who knows your insurance premiums can go up because of this stuff? Of course it affects OP.

It sounds like they're trying to scare you, OP.
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Did the lady that hit the first car have insurance? It could be she didn't, and that's why they are coming after yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)